Home / News / CMS advises Wärtsilä in 2-stroke ship engine joint...

CMS advises Wärtsilä in 2-stroke ship engine joint venture with Chinese state company


Finland-based global power solutions provider Wärtsilä restructures its Swiss business so as to separate the development, design and licensing of 2-stroke ship engines, in which China State Shipbuilding Corporation (CSSC) has agreed to acquire 70%, with the remaining 30% continued to be held by Wärtsilä. Closing of the transaction is still subject to approval by the competent competition authorities and the Chinese government.

Led by M&A partner Oliver Blum, Head of Corporate Transactions of CMS Switzerland, CMS advises Wärtsilä on all aspects of the restructuring, the majority disposal and the structuring of the joint venture.

CMS Zurich lawyers:

Oliver Blum: Lead / M&A
Daniel Burkhard: M&A
Franziska Hammer: Corporate
Andrea Ferchl: Corporate
Thomas Zweifel: Real Estate

In addition, Stefan Lehr of CMS Hasche Sigle in Frankfurt advises on international merger control.

Related people

Portrait of Franziska Hammer
Franziska Hammer
Portrait of Andrea Relly
Andrea Relly
Senior Associate
Portrait of Thomas Zweifel
Thomas Zweifel, LL.M.
Senior Associate
Portrait of Stefan Lehr
Stefan Lehr
Oliver Blum, M.A.E.S., LL.M.
Daniel Burkhard, LL.M.
Show more Show less