Rue Bovy-Lysberg 2
P.O. Box 5824
1211 Geneva 11
Olivier Carrard mainly focuses on Sports law, litigation, arbitration, commercial law, construction law, inheritance law and bankruptcy.
Graduated from the University of Fribourg (1982), he was admitted at the Geneva Bar in 1985. He worked at the General Direction of SBS (Basel). He founded his own firm in 1990, and joined ZPG as a partner in 2005, which merged with CMS in 2014. Olivier Carrard is now the Managing Partner of CMS Geneva office.
Since January 1st 2016, he has been appointed in 65 CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) arbitrations: 17 times as sole arbitrator, 7 times as chairman, 41 times as co-arbitrator. In total, Olivier Carrard has been involved in nearly 360 CAS arbitrations since 1996, which makes him one of the most experienced CAS arbitrators around the world. He has been a member of the Court of Arbitration for Sport since 1996 and was Member of the ad hoc Division of CAS during the winter Olympic Games of Vancouver 2010.
Former participant as an athlete to the Olympic Games of Los Angeles (1984), he is President of the Swiss Fencing Federation since 2004 and President of the Ethic Board of the International Fencing Federation (FIE).
- 1985 – Bar exam
- 1982 – Law degree, University of Fribourg (Switzerland)
- President of the Swiss Fencing Federation
- President of the Ethic Board of the International Fencing Federation (FIE)
- International Association of Lawyers (IAL)
- Association Suisse du Droit du Sport (ASDS)
- L’affirmation du principe d’intégrité des compétences sportives par les juridictions arbitrales : l’exemple du Tribunal arbitral du Sport“ (2nd CNOSF colloquium, Paris, 7 June 2013)