Avda. Costanera Sur 2730, Piso 9
Parque Titanium, Las Condes
Matías is a partner and leads the Intellectual Property group for CMS Carey & Allende. He has 20-years of experience in cases relating to trademarks, patents, industrial designs, litigation, copyright, and unfair competition, among other matters.
He is the React partner In Chile.
Endorsed in Chambers and Partners, The Legal 500, Best Lawyers, and WTR 1000. Ranked among Latin America’s best anti-counterfeiting experts by World Trade Review, 2018. He was recognised with the Membership Champion Award by International Trademark Association (INTA) for helping to grow membership, increase awareness, and promote member benefits, demonstrating his passion for trademark and related intellectual property law.
Prior to joining CMS Chile, he worked at Sargent & Krahn (1998-2016).
Among his prior clients are the following:
- International clients: Hugo Boss, Tous, Red Bull, NSK, NHS, SKF and Dassault.
- International clients through REACT: Universal Studios, Samsung, Asics, Christian Dior, Longines, Omega, Prada, Panasonic, Audi, Porsche, Manchester United, Chelsea, etc.
- Local clients: Viña Requingua, Caravana, Dollversity, Alican, Tesla, Segin.
- 1993 - Law Degree, Universidad Diego Portales School of Law
- Parallel Imports Committee of the International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI).
- Chilean Industrial Property Association (ACHIPI).
- International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition (IACC).
- Former member of the Enforcement and the Anti-Counterfeiting Committees of the International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Chilean Bar Association.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Professor of Intellectual and Industrial Property Protection (2009 - to date).