6th Floor, 38 Volodymyrska Street
Olga Shenk is a Counsel in the Commercial, Regulatory and Disputes practice group in Kyiv office of CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang. Olga’s expertise includes representation of local and international clients in the areas of dispute resolution and litigation, investment and international commercial arbitration, bankruptcy, criminal proceedings and compliance.
Olga has more than 10 years of experience in highly complex litigation and arbitration proceedings in Ukraine and abroad, including in international investment and commercial arbitrations (under ICSID, UNCITRAL, LCIA, ICC, SCC, VIAC, ICAC rules), enforcement of arbitral awards in Ukraine and abroad and cross-border litigations. Olga also advises clients across a wide variety of sectors, including IT, agribusiness, pharmaceuticals, insurance, energy and banking.
Olga's practice covers tax and compliance; Olga has conducted numerous compliance investigations of the alleged/reported corrupt practices and regularly delivers anti-corruption trainings for management and compliance officers of top ranked international businesses.
- Acted as a Ukrainian law expert for an international investor in the Ukrainian telecom sector, in the international commercial arbitration proceedings under the LCIA Rules in a circa $1.3 billion commercial dispute with another international group regarding collection of unpaid instalments under the SPA regarding the shares of Ukraine's largest telecom company
- Represented a foreign governmental agency in preparation of expert witness opinion on Ukrainian law matters on recognition and enforcement of UK court judgements in Ukraine to be served to the High Court of Justice, Queen’s Bench Division
- Acted as a Ukrainian law expert for the foreign governmental agency in a UNCITRAL arbitration against Ukraine in accordance with Article 9(2) of the Agreement Between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on the Encouragement and Mutual Protection of Investments of 27 November 1998 (value - $300 million)
- Acted as Ukrainian law expert for the major foreign investor (a major industrial group) in the ICSID case against Ukraine related to the unlawful expropriation of the investor’s asset (aluminium smelter factory) in Ukraine (value - $71 million)
- Acted as Ukrainian law expert for City-State N.V. in the ICSID case of City-State N.V., Praktyka Asset Management Company LLC, Crystal-Invest LLC and Prodiz LLC v. Ukraine
- Represented the Ukrainian subsidiary of the major multinational technology and consulting corporation in a dispute on termination of the service contract and collection of damages, initiated by a local trading company
- Advising a major multinational information technology company in connection with the pre-arbitration strategy in a prospective dispute over the debt recovery and termination of a highly sophisticated contract for IT services
- Represented a leading international manufacturing company, as a respondent in a number of corporate litigations, related to the company’s participatory interest in its Ukrainian subsidiary, aiming at blocking the operative management of the Ukrainian subsidiary by the attempts to challenge the corporate decisions and to dismiss its general director
- Advised a multinational agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology, Fortune 500 corporation, in dispute resolution and compliance matters
- Represented a Ukrainian subsidiary of a world-wide FMCG producer in two tax disputes against the Ukrainian tax authorities in relation to liquidation of the Ukrainian subsidiary (the disputes dealt with losses from previous periods accrued before the Tax Code of Ukraine became effective)
- Representing a multinational professional services network, as a Ukrainian expert witness counsel, in Cyprus court proceedings initiated by Ukrainian bank, with the claims in damages of USD 3 billion over the alleged malpractice, while conducting annual statutory audits of the bank prior to the latter’s nationalization by Ukraine
- Providing complex legal support to the biopharmaceutical solutions organization in connection with a number of investigations by state authorities in Ukraine in relation to the client’s activities
- 2006 – diploma cum laude of the specialist in law, Academy of Labour & Social Relations of Federation of Professional Unions of Ukraine, Faculty of Law
- 2005 – diploma cum laude of the bachelor in law, Academy of Labour & Social Relations of Federation of Professional Unions of Ukraine Faculty of Law
- 2002 – diploma cum laude of the specialist of foreign languages (English and French) of, Faculty of Foreign Languages, Lviv National University Ivan Franko, Faculty of Foreign Languages
- Ukrainian Arbitration Association member
- American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine
- (Member of Anti-Corruption Working Group, Compliance Club)
- Graduated from ICC Advanced Arbitration Academy for Central and Eastern Europe
- Admitted to the Bar in Ukraine