Chaussée de La Hulpe 178
Benoît specializes in banking and finance law as well as in insurance law and has published several articles in these areas. Benoît advises financial institutions (banks, investment funds, investment firms, insurance undertakings, pension funds, payment institutions) and public authorities, both in the performance of their day-to-day activities (lending/LMA and security documentation, securitization, capital market transactions, investment products, liability of financial institutions) and in their relationships with the regulatory authorities (licencing, prudential requirements, merger and acquisition).
He was also seconded for three months in 2010 to the banking and finance team of CMS London, where he gained additional experience in the above-mentioned areas.
Benoît has excellent advisory skills: his advice is in-depth, ’to-the-point’ and oriented towards practical solutions.
- Advising Delhaize Group in a series of bond issues with recourse to the capital market: a tender offer in cash on senior bonds (approximately EUR 200,000,000) listed on the Luxemburg stock exchange and the issue of EUR 300,000,000 senior bonds and a tender offer on senior bonds (approximately EUR 95,000,000) and the issue of EUR 400,000,000 senior bonds listed on Euronext Brussels
- Acting for a Belgian bank in the acquisition of private banking and retail activities from the branch of a foreign bank in difficulties and in the acquisition of a Belgian bank competitor
- Advising a Swiss insurance company with respect to professional liability claims against a Belgian bank regarding the sale of toxic financial products to its retail clients
- Advising a Belgian Bank during four separate securitization programmes arranged for two of the largest steel groups worldwide (EUR 150,000,000 and EUR 140,000,000), a worldwide cement group (EUR 250,000,000) and a worldwide group of maritime container transporters (EUR 51,000,000)
- Acting for an English bank with respect to LMA credit facility and security documentation (upstream guarantee with limitation wording, inventory pledge, receivables pledge, bank account pledge and shares pledge), including the issuance of a legal opinion
- 2004 - University of Louvain-La-Neuve, UCL (Law Degree)
- 2004 - Bar admission (Brussels, Belgium)
- « Equity line transactions : une nouvelle technique de financement pour les sociétés cotées ? », with V. Dirckx, Droit Bancaire et Financier, 2015/III, p.187
- « Fusions de banques et cessions d’activités bancaires », in 20 ans de Loi bancaire, Anthémis, 2013
- Pensions complémentaires, B. Vandervelde (aspects réglementaires et assurance-vie) with G. Chuffart, Salaires, Kluwer, 2011, 106 pages
- « L’offre conjointe et les services financiers », in La nouvelle loi relative aux pratiques du marché et à la protection du consommateur : tout sur l’ancien et le nouveau régime, Larcier, 2010
- « La conversion de dette en capital : un remède dans le cadre des restructurations de crédit », with Arnaud Van Oekel, Forum Financier/Droit bancaire et financier, 2009/VI