Paseo de Recoletos 7–9
Andrés has been a professor of corporate law at the Faculty of Law, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, since 2012.
Andrés specialises in corporate law, securities market law, transport law (in particular, maritime transport), commercial agreements, insurance and banking law, and insolvency law.
- Professor of Economic and Legal Sciences at Universidad Jaume I de Castellón between 1994 and 2012, where he was also Dean from 2010 to 2012.
- Assistant and Professor at Universidad de Alcalá de Henares from 1984 to 1994.
- Supervisor of six PhD theses.
- Legislation-related advice to the General Codes Committee of the Government.
- Co-director of the Corporate Law Magazine.
- Andrés has led or been involved in dozens of funded research projects.
- 1989 - Doctor of Law, Universidad de Alcalá de Henares (Spain). Extraordinary Award.
- 1983 - Graduate of Law, Universidad del País Vasco (Spain). Extraordinary Award.
- Statutory limitations to voting rights in corporate enterprises. Civitas. Madrid, 1996.
- The Bill of Landing and other transport documents. In: “Función representative”. Civitas. Madrid, 1992.
Co-director and author of:
- MARTÍNEZ FLÓREZ A. /GARCIMARTÍN F. /RECALDE A., Reform of the post-contracting system in securities markets, Ed. Aranzadi, 2017.
- RECALDE A. /PERDICES A. /TIRADO I., Recession and the reform of the financial system, Aranzadi 2015.
- JUSTE J. /RECALDE A., Public Tender Law, Valencia, 2010.
- EMPARANZA A. /RECALDE A., Agreements on the international transport of goods by rail. In: EMPARANZA, A. Civitas. 2008.
Recent collective works:
- RECALDE A., “Commentary on articles 160, 161, 190 and 197” in JUSTE (coord.) Commentary on the reform of the Corporate Enterprises Act with regard to corporate governance. Civitas. 2015.
- RECALDE A. Shareholder protection upon changes of control of the debtor implemented due to refinancing agreements entailing the conversion of credits into capital. In: DÍAZ MORENO/LEÓN SANZ. “Refinancing and restructuring agreements. The 2014 and 2015 reforms of the Insolvency Act”. Aranzadi. 2015.
- RECALDE A. Spanish ratification of the Rotterdam’s rules. In: BASEDOW/MAGNUS/WOLFRUM. “The Hamburg Lectures on Maritime Affairs 2011-2013”. Springer Verlag, Hamburg, 2014.
- RECALDE A. /LEÓN F. /LATORRE N. Spain. In: DAVIES/HOPT/NOWAK/VAN SOLINGE. “Corporate Boards in law and practice”. Oxford University Press. Oxford, 2013.
- RECALDE A. Amendments to the duty of care regime for directors; the Business Judgement Rule. In: EMPARANZA, A. “New obligations for directors relating to the corporate governance of enterprises”. Marcial Pons. 2016.
- The Shareholder’s right to add agenda items (article 519.1 and 2 of the Corporate Enterprises Act). In: RONCERO, A. “General shareholders’ and board of directors’ meetings in listed companies”. Aranzadi, 2016.
- Author in Commentary of the General Contracting Conditions Act led by DÍEZ PICAZO/MENÉNDEZ, Commentary on the Public Companies Act led by ARROYO-EMBID, Commentary on the Private Companies Act led by ARROYO-EMBID, Commentary on the Insolvency Act led by ROJO/BELTRÁN, Insolvency Law Encyclopedia led by BELTRÁN-GARCÍA CRUCES.
- He is the author of more than 70 articles in leading Spanish corporate law publications, as well as other journals and collective national and international works.