CymbiQ Group AG, a portfolio company of Germany private equity investor capiton, has acquired Aspectra AG, Zurich.
Aspectra AG specialises on managed hosting services for critical applications and offers highly scalable and highly standardized IT-platforms, applying a unique standard of process and data security. Aspectra AG will continue to operate from its base in Zurich and as a separate entity under its traditional brand. Kaspar Geiser, CEO, and Norbert Benz, CCO, will continue in their respective roles at Aspectra AG. Further, Kaspar Geiser will join the Executive Board of CymbiQ Group led by group CEO Marco Marchesi.
The acquisition is part of CymbiQ's buy-and-build-strategy aiming to build a European cybersecurity group. The Group is set to bundle the cyber security competences of several European providers and offer integrated security solutions. The Group already includes ISPIN AG, Bassersdorf, anovis IT-Services und Trading GmbH, Vienna, and Koch IT AG, Winterthur. By the addition of Aspectra AG, the group completes its cybersecurity-portfolio and may now offer integrated security up to the layer of server and hosting to its clients.
An international team of CMS led by Dr Daniel Jenny (CMS Switzerland) advised the buyer on all legal aspects of the transaction, marking the third collaboration of this deal team.
- Dr Daniel Jenny, Lead Partner, Corporate/M&A
- Dr Kaspar Landolt, Partner, Banking & Finance
- Dr Dirk Spacek, Partner, TMC/IP
- Florian Jung, Associate, Corporate/M&A
- Alexandra Stocker, Associate, Corporate/M&A
- Sarah Keller, Associate, Employment
- Alina Fancelli, Trainee, Corporate/M&A
- Dr Eva Annett Grigoleit, Partner, Corporate/M&A
- Patrick Lühr, Counsel, Corporate/M&A