CMS is a Future Facing firm. With more than 70 offices in more than 40 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, we combine deep local market understanding with a global overview, giving us the ability not only to see what’s coming, but to shape it. In a world of ever-accelerating change where technology is increasingly important in the deployment of global strategies, our clear, business-focused advice helps clients of every size to face the future with confidence. We’re immersed in your world. Your interests and priorities are at the heart of what we do. Our lawyers are genuine experts in their fields, with a grasp of detail that’s second to none. Our next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. It means we can anticipate the likely challenges, accelerate our pace and create the space to develop innovative solutions. We’re diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture in which every one of our people, can maximise their potential and thrive.
Our firm in Monaco was originally founded in 2009 by three of our six current Partners:
- Christine Pasquier Ciulla
- Olivier Marquet
- Sophie Marquet
We joined CMS in April 2017, followed by the nomination of three new Partners progressively helping us develop our different fields of expertise:
- Stephan Pastor in 2018
- Raphaëlle Svara in 2019
- Géraldine Gazo in 2019
Within our offices, more than 60 law professionals work on advisory as well as on litigation files.
Our specialised and multilingual teams work with local as well as international clients, such as private clients, banks and financial institutions, Monaco businesses, companies and investors.
CMS is well known in Monaco for its areas of expertise:
- Our Business Law team, managed by Stephan Pastor, is focused on guiding investors and residents in Monaco or overseas through any issues relating to corporate law or in the merger or acquisition of Monegasque companies. We have also a strong focus on commercial litigation.
- Banking and Financial Law is focusing on regulatory issues, real estate financing and disputes relating to civil and criminal banking liability. This department is managed by Olivier Marquet, our Managing Partner.
- Our Private Clients team, managed by Christine Pasquier Ciulla, Raphaëlle Svara and Géraldine Gazo, is assisting Monaco residents and individuals from abroad through life phases from birth to death, including family law, estate and succession law and the protection of minors as well as adults.
- The Employment Law team, managed by Sophie Marquet, deals with local and overseas companies in regard to labour and social security law.
- Our Real Estate team, also managed by Sophie Marquet, has a significant expertise in property and construction law.
- Finally, we have a dedicated team focusing mainly on white collar crime and international criminal litigation.
Our firm has been named among top law firms in Monaco by Who’s Who Legal, Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
If you are looking for legal support in Monaco, please do not hesitate to reach out via our online contact form or give us a call.