Avocat Associé | Managing Partner
Avocat Associé | Managing Partner
Villa des Cigognes
17 rue Louis Aureglia
98012 Monaco Cedex
Olivier Marquet is the firm’s Managing Partner and co-head of the Banking & Finance and Business & Investments' teams.
In the field of Banking and Financial law, his expertise covers the creation or acquisition of a bank or financial institution, banking monopoly, bank secrecy, Franco-Monegasque banking agreements and also monetary agreements between the Principality of Monaco and the European Community, the SEPA agreement, measures to combat money laundering, terrorist financing and corruption, Monegasque Financial law, Monegasque Banking laws, banker's liability law, laws on credit and syndicated loans, credit guarantees, debt restructuring, and the preparation of documents for clients to exercise Banking and Financial activities.
He regularly advises clients on asset acquisition and sale transactions (audits, transfer of ownership agreements, warranties, shareholders' agreements, etc.), long-term financing operations (capital increases by new share issues, capital reductions, etc.), internal restructuring operations (mergers, partial asset transfers, etc.), the creation of companies or joint ventures of all forms, business closures and more generally all company law matters. His expertise in the practice area of business law also covers corporate criminal law and data protection law.
- Monaco Bar (2005)
- Postgraduate Degree in Business Law, University of Nice
- Postgraduate Degree in International Business Law, University of Aix-Marseille
- Participant at the Modernisation Committee of the Business Law in Monaco
- Accredited Advisor of "Monaco Private Label"
- Speaker for the Master degree in Business Law, specialised in Corporate Law, Institut de Droit des Affaires d’Aix-Marseille
- Getting the Deal Through: Private Banking & Wealth Management - Monaco Chapter (2020)
- "Monaco - Data Protection in the Financial Sector", DataGuidance by OneTrust (November 2019)
- "Informed client or uninitiated client: legal criteria for distinguishing between the two", Banking & Finance - Monaco (2019-2020)
- Getting the Deal Through: Private Banking - Monaco Chapter (2019)
- Getting the Deal Through: Securities Finance - Monaco Chapter (2019)
- Getting the Deal Through: Banking Regulations - Monaco Chapter (2019)
- M&A in Monaco, Global Practice Guide, Chambers and Partners (2019)
- “ICOs: an innovative unidentified object for European regulators?”, Banking & Finance - Monaco (2018-2019)
- “Disputes when exchanging tax information based on a bilateral agreement”, Banking & Finance - Monaco (2018-2019)
- Getting the Deal Through: Banking Regulation - Monaco Chapter (2018)
- Getting the Deal Through: Private Banking and Wealth Management - Monaco Chapter (2018)
- "Article L.511-33 of the Monetary and Financial Code no longer holds any secrets for the Court of Revision", Banking & Finance - Monaco (2017-2018)
- "A Monaco, comme ailleurs, la pêche (aux informations) est formellement interdite", Banking & Finance - Monaco (2017-2018)
- Getting the Deal Through: Private Banking and Wealth Management - Monaco Chapter (2017)
- "Conformité, territorialité des lois et force obligatoire des contrats", Banking & Finance - Monaco (2016-2017)
- "Le statut du dirigeant de la Société", Actions Simplifiées
- Co-editor of "Editions Lexis Nexis-Jurisclasseur, Fascicules de droit monégasque"
- "Justice : Information, vigilance, surveillance ou conseil, quelles sont les obligations de la banque dépositaire à Monaco ?", Banking & Finance - Monaco (2015-2016)
- "Electronic signature: is it time to let ink go?", Banking & Finance - Monaco (2016-2017)