Paseo de la Reforma 115
Col. Lomas de Chapultepec
Luis advises clients almost exclusively in the energy sector, where he has successfully designed, negotiated and implemented corporate structures for the development of projects in various fields, including exploration and production of oil and gas, transport projects, storage and distribution of oil and gas, as well as private and public electricity generation and renewables projects.
Luis has significant experience in public biddings, public works contracts and related services, as well as government purchases called by the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE), Pemex and Federal, State and Municipal Governments. He has successfully represented foreign drilling companies on various projects issued by Pemex in order to increment onshore and offshore production through diverse contractual methods, including multiple services contracts.
Recently, Luis advised the Energy Ministry on the drafting of the Geothermal Law and its Regulations, as well as on the implementation of the Wholesale Electricity Market and the restructuring of CFE.
- Mexico Energy Ministry on the implementation implementation of the wholesale electricity market and the restructuring of the Federal Electricity Commission.
- Iberdrola on the operation of ongoing projects and on the definition of commercial strategies under the new legal framework.
- ENEL Green Power on the definition and implementation of geothermal electricity projects within the new electricity industry.
- Solar Century on the development of various solar projects in Mexico.
- Mexico Power Group on the devleopment of various wind farms for generating electricity for self-supply throughout Mexico.
- Fastgas on its participation in a public bidding called by CFE for the transportation of natural gas in Baja California.
- Engie on its participation in Round 1.3 of the oil and gas licensing rounds called by the National Hydrocarbons Commission.
- EAE Business School, Universidad Politécnica de Cataluña, Barcelona, Spain, Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City, Law Degree (J.D.), 2003 – 2008