Chaussée de La Hulpe 178
Vincent started his career in New York working for Kelley Drye & Warren and then Baker & McKenzie. He then joined Freshfields Belgian practice and worked mostly in Brussels but also from London. From 2003 to 2009, he was a corporate and finance partner at Lydian.
In 2009, Vincent became a partner at CMS Belgium. In addition to sitting on the worldwide Executive Committee of CMS, Vincent heads CMS Belgium’s M&A department. Vincent’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and capital markets in connection with both private and public transactions, whether cross-border or domestic, essentially on behalf of large Belgian and non-Belgian corporates.
Vincent is ranked and recommended in Chambers Europe.
- Ahold Delhaize | Advising Ahold Delhaize, the Dutch new parent company of the Belgian Delhaize Group following their recent 10.6 billion merger, in connection with a range of equity transactions both in Belgium and in the US
- Delhaize Group | Assisting Delhaize Group, Belgium’s largest retail chin, in connection with the 1 billion acquisition of a competitor across eight European jurisdictions
- Burger King | Advising Burger King on the acquisition (including due diligence, share purchase agreement and merger control analysis and advice with regard to franchise aspects) of Quick Restaurants (Belgium's largest fast food chain) operated in French overseas territories with the help of CMS Luxembourg and CMS France
- Korys | Assisting Korys in their investment in the equity of a Swedish company – Greenbyte (leading windfarm management system provider). The process involved due diligence exercise and drafting of all requested legal documentation
- Bakkavor | Assisting in the sale of Bakkavor Limited’s Belgian business (ready meals) to Culinor, a well-known Belgian player in the same sector
- Delhaize | Assisting Delhaize in the sale of its brand Tom&Co, the specialist store chain for pet food and care, to investment group PetSerCo
- Deutsche Bahn | Assisting Deutsche Bahn with the restructuring of their Belgian operations
- Marsh | Assisting Marsh, the worldwide leader in insurance brokerage, in connection with the acquisition of a Belgian market leader in the same sector
- Johnson & Johnson | Advising the American multinational consumer products company in connection with a range of divestments through asset transactions
- Assisting large and mid-cap listed companies in connection with both debt and equity public and private issuings of up to EUR 900 million, as well as on a range of corporate governance and market abuse issues
- 1991 - Université Catholique de Louvain, UCL (Law Degree, Magna Cum Laude)
Vincent is the author of various publications in French and English in connection with public take-over bids and M&A transactions. He has also spoken at conferences on topics that relate to his practice areas, including directors’ liability.