Paseo de Recoletos 7–9
César specialises in advising on mergers & acquisitions, the securities market, corporate law and administrative law.
He is a member and/or secretary on the Board of Directors of several companies. He is also a member of the State Attorneys Corps and has been a member of the Madrid Bar Association since 1984, as well as membership to the Civil and Commercial Arbitration Court of Madrid.
He has been selected as a specialist and leading lawyer in the areas of Corporate/M&A and Capital Markets by numerous prestigious publications including Chambers and Partners, Best Lawyers, Legal 500, Legal Experts and IFLR. He was also selected by PLC Which Lawyer as a recommended lawyer in the Corporate/M&A area, in 2011 received the Long-Standing Career Award from the ICADE Association and in 2016 won the Client Choice 2016 award for best M&A lawyer in Spain.
Prior to joining CMS Albiñana & Suárez de Lezo in April 1995, César was Head of the State Legal Service for Cuenca (Tax and Courts Office) and Albacete (Territorial Court and Tax Office), as well as holding the roles of Legal Adviser at the Minister of the Economy's office and State Attorney at the Constitutional Court.
His teaching experience includes lecturing on Administrative Law at the Law Faculty of ICADE and on Tax Law at the State Treasury School of the Ministry of Finance and Public Administrations. He has been a member of the Wolters Kluwer advisory board since October 2010.
- 1982 - State Attorney (on professional leave of absence)
- 1978 - Graduate of Law and Degree in Business Science, Universidad de Deusto, Bilbao (Outstanding achievement award)
- Manual on the banking market. Common themes. In: “Legal books for engineers. Vol 31”. 2015.
- The concept and regulatory evolution of foundations. Foundation-companies. In: MARTINEZ GARRIDO, Santiago. “The Good Governance of Foundations. Vol. 1”. 2015.
- The past, present and future of savings banks: banking foundations. Reforms of the financial and securities markets. In: AGÚNDEZ, Miguel Ángel / MARTÍNEZ-SIMANCAS, Julián. “Legal books for engineers. Vol. 20”. 2009.
- General reforms. In: “Legal books for engineers. Vol 19”. 2009.
- Regulatory compliance. In: “Compliance Legal books for engineers. Vol 14”. 2012.
- The jurisdictional suspension of tax actions. Legal studies in memory of César Albiñana García-Quintana. Vol 2. In: VILLAR EZCURRA, Marta / MARTÍNEZ LAFUENTE, Antonio / ALBIÑANA CILVETI, César / HERRERA MOLINA, Pedro Manuel. Ministry of Finance and Public Administrations, Institute of Tax Studies, 2008.
- Tax law: a view of tax in Spain: the key taxes. In: AGÚNDEZ, Miguel Ángel / MARTÍNEZ-SIMANCAS, Julián / AGÚNDEZ LERIA, Irene María / SÁNCHEZ ÁLVAREZ-ARENAS, Loreto / VILLÁN SÁNCHEZ, Efrén. “Law Manual for Engineers”. 2008.