Warsaw Financial Centre
ul. Emilii Plater 53
Agnieszka Starzyńska is a senior associate in CMS Warsaw’s Competition and Public Procurement Team.
Her competition law experience includes advising clients on issues related to anti-competitive agreements and practices, abuse of dominant position and acts of unfair competition. She has often represented clients in proceedings before the Polish Competition Authority.
Agnieszka has participated in multiple merger control notifications, including creating joint ventures as well as share and asset acquisitions.
A significant part of her experience includes advising contracting authorities and contractors on numerous public procurement projects, both on conducting the tender procedure and the preparation and effective submission of bids. Agnieszka has experience in drafting legal remedies and representing clients before the National Appeal Chamber (KIO).
- A leading global manufacturer of baby food on various competition matters relating to the sale of products through both modern and traditional channels (including pricing issues, rebates, shelf space arrangements, shop exclusivity, category management, etc.).
- A UK-based sporting goods retailer on various regulatory and commercial issues connected with opening its stores in Poland.
- A multinational consumer products corporation on all aspects of the Polish subsidiary’s day-to-day operations, including reviewing commercial contracts and advising on promotional sales strategy.
- One of the biggest food and drinks producers in CEE on merger control aspects of the acquisition of a Polish producer of food supplements, including preparing a merger control notification to the Polish Competition Authority and representing the client in merger control proceedings before the Authority.
- One of the biggest developers of industrial and warehouse premises in Poland on creating a joint venture in Poland with its business partner. The advice required high-level expertise on the local markets for the rental of warehouse premises as well as relating to the real estate sector. The advice included preparing a merger control notification to the Polish Competition Authority and representing the client in merger control proceedings before the Authority.
- An international construction company on a public procurement procedure for building, reconstructing and maintaining certain regional roads in central Poland. Providing legal assistance on preparing a complete application for participation in a competitive dialogue.
- An international firm specialising in consulting, engineering and project management in the construction field before the National Appeal Chamber in the tender for the design of a flood protection system for a city in northern Poland.
2010 – Master’s Degree, Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Warsaw, Warsaw
2010 – Diploma Course in English and EU law, Cambridge University and Warsaw University, Warsaw
Advocate - Warsaw Bar of Advocates
Member - Competition Law Association in Poland
Member - Public Procurement Association in Poland