Arnaud Van Oekel
Arnaud Van Oekel
Chaussée de La Hulpe 178
Arnaud is a key member of the firm’s M&A practice. He has wide experience in handling domestic and cross-border M&A and private equity deals and advising on corporate structuring and financing issues.
Arnaud also acts for major banking institutions in a wide range of matters, especially in connection with financing (acquisition finance, corporate and asset finance) and debt restructuring.
- Acting for an Italian Group on the sale of a 50% interest in 22 steel production facilities in Europe and America to a Russian Group (USD 850,000,000)
- Acting for a Japanese pharmaceutical group in connection with the purchase of 100% of the shares in the holding company of the European market leader in dietetic foods
- Assisting a Belgian Bank in connection with the purchase of certain activities (i.e. private banking and Internet accounts) of the Belgian branch of a Luxemburg bank
- Advising one of the Belgian regional authorities in connection with the acquisition of interests in a major Belgian Bank (EUR 6,000,000,000)
- Acting for a Belgian group active in the textile industry on the structuring and negotiation of two syndicated loans respectively of EUR 250,000,000 and EUR 50,000,000
- 2000 - Université Libre de Bruxelles, ULB (Law Degree)
- 2000 - Bar admission
- “SRL ou SA, comment choisir le statut de ma société ?” with M. van der Stegen in L’Écho (27 April 2019).
- “Een zaak starten? De bv wordt de nieuwe standaard” with M. van der Stegen in De Tijd (27 April 2019).
- “EU Overview: 2015 M&A European market at a glance” published in the 2016 edition of “Getting the Deal Through: Mergers & Acquisitions”, with Vincent Dirckx and David Prync.
- “La conversion de dette en capital: un remède dans le cadre des restructurations de crédits” with B. Vandervelde in Droit Bancaire et Financer, 2009/VI, p. 328.