We are pleased to present the first edition of the CEE Real Estate Compass 2017, published by CMS in cooperation with Colliers International.
The report examines key trends in the real estate market in six Central Eastern European countries (Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and Romania) over the last five years, and takes a look at what is on the horizon for 2017.
Report highlights include:
- CEE started the year strong with EUR 2.3bn invested in its real estate markets in Q1 2017. This represents a 41% growth compared with Q1 2016
- Significant investment activity in 2017 is expected in Hungary, the Czech Republic and Poland based on Q1 indications
- Inward investment from UK predicted to remain at around 7 - 9% of total investment into the CEE real estate sector
- Western Europe and US capital flows expected to be somewhat similar in size to the EUR 4.9bn level reached in 2016.
- Brexit could have a positive effect on investment volumes in the CEE in the longer term
- Cross-border and domestic flows have more than doubled in last five years, reaching EUR 2.6bn in 2016, a strong sign of maturity in the region
- A marked shift took place in 2016 with South African, Asian and CEE investments surpassing those from the G10.
Please do get in touch with us if you have any questions you would like to discuss with our CEE Real Estate team.
You can view the report online or download it in PDF format below.