José María Rojí
José María Rojí
Paseo de Gracia 85
José María Rojí is a Partner of the Corporate / M&A department at CMS Albiñana & Suárez de Lezo since October 2012 and Director of the CMS Barcelona office.
He specialises in corporate law, in particular the provision of legal services relating to mergers and acquisitions; he has structured, negotiated and executed numerous transactions and principal and accessory contracts, including countless shareholder agreements, and has advised on the financing of projects and refinancing of debts, all of this in different sectors, particularly real estate, insurance and consumer products sectors.
José María has sat on the board of directors and participated in shareholders' meetings of both growing companies and those at risk or under threat, in normal circumstances as well as in times of conflict, advising on strategic corporate decisions, shareholders' rights and directors' liability. He has also acted as arbitrator in the resolution of corporate conflicts and disputes in company acquisitions.
He has intervened in various family business groups, both in conflict resolution and in the structuring and documentation of relationships in order to protect and conserve the family business.
José María has been recognised in the area of Corporate / Commercial by the main and most prestigious legal directories such as Chambers & Partners.
- Financial institution | Negotiations relating to investment in more than 20 real estate companies, including acquisition, shareholders, financing and refinancing agreements, as well as representation in management bodies. Legal advice on subsequent negotiations and disputes during the divestment process.
- Insurance company | Advice on the corporate and regulatory aspects of the acquisition and simultaneous merger of a leading Spanish insurer by an entity controlled by national and international shareholders.
- International company in the technology sector | Advice within an insolvency process on the acquisition of a production unit with approximately 300 employees.
- Leading company in the food and beverage sector | Advice on structural modifications, acquisitions and the transfer of business units.
- Automotive company | Advice on refinancing in collaboration with a group of financial institutions.
- Listed multinational entity controlled by a domestic family-run group | Advice on disputes with minority shareholders.
- Elderly nursing home group | Advice on the integration of several groups and the subsequent financing and refinancing processes.
- Global leader in logistics | Advice on the acquisition of a 210,000 m2 property for the development of its activity in Barcelona.
- Listed infrastructure company | General contracting advice.
- Leading international family-run group | Advice on corporate governance and family protocol.
- 2010 - Corporate Senior Management Programme, IESE Business School, Universidad de Navarra, Barcelona (Spain).
- 2003 - Certificate of Research Proficiency, Universidad de Barcelona (Spain).
- 1996 - Master's Degree in Corporate Legal Practice, Instituto de Empresa, Madrid (Spain).
- 1995 - Graduate of Law, Universidad de Valencia (Spain).
- Member of the Governing Body of the Barcelona Arbitration Panel (Junta de Gobierno del Tribunal Arbitral de Barcelona).
- Member of the Professional Council of the Faculty of Law at Escuela Superior de Administración y Dirección de Empresas.
- Member of the Economic Committee of the Illustrious Bar Association of Barcelona (Ilustre Colegio de la Abogacía de Barcelona) since 2006.
- Member of the DAP Courts for access to the legal profession since 2006.
- Member of the Board of Directors and Scientific Committee at the Illustrious Bar Association of Barcelona's School of Legal Practice (Escuela de Práctica Jurídica, Ilustre Colegio de la Abogacía de Barcelona) since 2005. Head of the Corporate Law Department.
- Member of the Scientific Committee for the Master's Degree in Business Law (Ilustre Colegio de la Abogacía de Barcelona) since 2011.
- José María has published a wide variety of articles and texts for specialist and generalist publications and press, both in Spain and abroad, in his field of expertise.
- Throughout his extensive professional career, José María has been invited to speak at countless conferences, courses and prestigious events, including the Legal Profession Congress in Barcelona, the Barcelona Bar Association, the Catalonian Institute of Chartered Accountants, the Law Faculty at ESADE Business & Law School and IESE Business School.