Starting, and building a successful business takes a good idea, a lot of energy and determination plus the right opportunities and the right people.
As an early-stage business, legal advice may be pushed to the bottom of the priority list, not least due to the issue of cost. However, for a business to scale successfully, especially when investors are involved, having the right foundations is imperative.
There are heaps of frustrations and obstacles starting a company. It sometimes seems like you spend more time negotiating or selling your business to investors and lawyers than on delivering on the promises you have made. That frustration is multiplied every time your business needs to expand, enter a new market, look for advice under a different country’s law or structure a deal in another jurisdiction.
CMS equIP helps your business wherever you want to take it.
As part of the programme, you automatically benefit from the same conditions in any other participating jurisdiction. This is a one-of-a-kind international support arrangement for start-ups that you will not find anywhere else in the world. Much of equIP is exactly the same, whatever the location – we offer start-ups the same quality legal advice, and the same training, mentoring and networking opportunities, wherever they are in the world, albeit with some different focuses in different markets.
Continuing reading to learn more about the international programme or jump directly to see all participating jurisdictions via the button below.
What is equIP?
equIP is a dedicated programme to support start-ups who are intellectual property rich. Once you become a member of the equIP programme, you benefit from the following:
A 50% discount on our standard hourly rates, up to aggregate fees of EUR/£25k a year, for 3 years.
The same conditions everywhere
We will be able to extend the discount to you in each of our international offices on a case by case basis.
Introductions to relevant industry players
Whether it be like-minded entrepreneurs or investors, we know who you should be talking to.
Access to meeting venues (subject to capacity), events organised for you and an ever growing network of fellow entrepreneurs across our multiple jurisdictions.
Find more about our law firm:
- A full service law firm with a strong sector focus across multiple expertise areas including:
- Technology, Media and Communications
- Hotels & Leisure
- Financial institutions & services
- Lifesciences & Healthcare
- Working with some of the biggest names in tech and other sectors as well as up and coming disruptors.
- Well networked in each sector industry through clients and industry partners.
The only law firm in Europe that can offer you extensive IP support through our 100 strong international team of IP lawyers, patent and trade mark attorneys
CMS equIP videos
What equIP means to our members
How to be part of equiP?
- You can check to see if your local jurisdiction has an equIP team currently in place from the list of participating jurisdictions at the end of the page. There you can learn more about the team's local expertise and offering, and apply directly to the local program.
- You can send a general inquiry to our International equIP team by clicking the link below.