Our law firm – by your side to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow
Health sector companies are now facing unprecedented challenges, from pricing pressure to the growing threat from IP-infringement, digitalisation, tighter regulatory requirements imposed by the French, European and international authorities.
Against a backdrop of increased competition, you need to remain innovative and efficient. You therefore need to adapt to, and even anticipate, changes to the regulatory and operational framework. This means responding to increasingly complex questions and having access to specialist advice.
Our lawyers have particular expertise in the following areas:
- regulatory advice and assistance (drugs, medical devices and cosmetics): legal environment surrounding clinical trials, questions relating to personal health data, advertising and promotional campaigns for healthcare products, appeals against decisions relating to marketing authorisations and reimbursements;
- mergers & acquisitions involving health sector companies: structuring of acquisitions, divestitures and partnerships both in France and internationally, advice and support throughout all phases of the transaction (due diligence, drafting of the legal documentation, transaction implementation, etc.);
- protection of industrial property (patents, trademarks, etc.) and confidential information: filing, monitoring, contract negotiation (R&D, licences, etc.) and related disputes (infringement actions, IP revocation actions and disputes with employee-inventors);
- compliance: anti-corruption/FCPA, promotion best practice, declaration of interests and anti-gift regulation;
- product liability: assistance and representation before the courts;
- antitrust/competition: assistance with the management and definition of commercial policy, parallel imports, quotas, merger control notifications of M&A transaction in the healthcare sector, training and review of internal procedures in the event of competition investigations; compliance with rules on restrictive competition practices (invoicing, payment deadlines, etc.) and assistance in case of an inspection
- advice and assistance in relation to sector-specific taxes and customs issues (tariff classification, customs value...).
A highly specialised team, able to adapt to all situations
In addition to the specific expertise required in relation to health, our overall understanding of the scientific, business and ethical elements that underpin your activities allows us to provide the most strategic response to each of your issues.
Our team of lawyers covers a large range of different specialisms, is widely recognised for its expertise and has a very high level of credibility both with public authorities and all sector stakeholders. We have also an extensive track record on M&A transactions in the healthcare sector (including in particular M&A in the sectors of private hospitals and healthcare facilities as well as medical biology) and we have the experience and knowledge to manage complex, international transactions as efficiently as possible. Whether you are a major international group marketing blockbusters, a small company with a very specific business activity or a biotech, we can provide you with long-term assistance with advisory and litigation services, both in France and internationally.