Home / News / CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre acted as tax advisor for...

CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre acted as tax advisor for Eric Steiner and Foxlease Food in their acquisition of 51% of Jean Caby from Spain’s Campofrio

16/03/2012

CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre acted as tax advisor for Foxlease Food in the negotiations and tax structuring for the acquisition of a 51% interest in Jean Caby from Spain’s Campofrio.

Upon completion of the transaction, Foxlease Food will own 51% of the company, with Campofrio retaining the other 49%.
Foxlease Food was advised on the tax aspects of the transaction by CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre, with Michel Collet (partner in the international tax group) and Thierry Granier (senior associate), and on the corporate side by the Darrois Villey law firm, with Pierre Casanova. ?Campofrio was advised on the corporate side by Bremond et Associés, with Celine Domenget-Morinn, and on the tax aspects by Landwell & Associés, with Louis Bravard.

Michel Collet, CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre partner, said: “Even if this turned out to be a friendly deal, Jean Caby’s financial situation and everyone’s commitment to turning it around by deploying resources shared among organisations in different countries (Spain and the United States) meant that it involved complex, custom designed structuring.

For further d'information, please contact:

Related people

Picture of Michel Collet
Michel Collet
Partner
Paris
Picture of Thierry Granier
Thierry Granier
Partner
Paris