On 1 January 2018, CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre will become CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats.
With this new name, CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats reaffirms the fact that:
- our firm is an international business law firm. As a major stakeholder in CMS, over the years we have adapted our skills to our clients’ increasingly international needs. Our strength and our difference lie in the synergy between the complementary areas of expertise developed by our firm which places us in the right position to expand our transactional activities. On 7 December, our firm won the category France M&A Legal Adviser of the year at the Mergermarket European M&A Awards and CMS was designated European Private Equity Legal Adviser of the year;
- we are a leading, innovative firm. To be constantly effective, we offer our clients new services in response to current developments in business law. We are enhancing and digitising our services, both internal and external, as evidenced in the recent announcement of our new E-compliance offering with Editions Francis Lefebvre and Formation Francis Lefebvre, effective from 2018;
- client relationships are at the heart of our activity: we fully affirm our values, excellence and close client relationships, as well as our commitment to our clients. CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats strives to forge true partnerships founded on trust and intends to live up to our reputation of being proactive and reliable.
Pierre-Sébastien Thill, Chairman of the Executive Board: “this change of name demonstrates our firm’s positionof being much more than a “bureau” (office); we are a leading international business law firm, a major stakeholder in CMS. This new name asserts our missions: to guide, advise and defend our clients around the world, whatever their business challenges. To be constantly more efficient, we offer our clients the benefit of our approach: excellence in action.”
Our history at a glance
The firm’s current name originates from the advisory business founded in 1925 by the Lefebvre family, the “Bureau d’Etudes Fiscales Francis Lefebvre”, at the same time as the publishing and training businesses (Editions Francis Lefebvre and Francis Lefebvre Formation respectively). We then became “Bureau d’Etudes Fiscales et Juridiques Francis Lefebvre” then “Bureau Francis Lefebvre” and finally “CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre” in 2001, when we joined CMS.
CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats
2nd French law firm in terms of turnover
- 580 employees, including over 400 lawyers;
- 105 partners;
- Annual turnover: EUR 180.2 million (2016).
3rd global network by number of offices
- 7,500 employees, including over 4,500 lawyers;
- Over 1,000 partners;
- 74 offices in 42 countries;
- Annual turnover: EUR 1.05 billion (2016).