Our law firm’s M&A practice stands out in 2019 and holds the 2nd place in France (source Thomson Reuters).
Our law firm's 2019 League Tables M&A rankings
The firm’s Corporate/M&A expertise is ranked again by International league tables Bloomberg, Mergermarket and Thomson Reuters, based on the 2019 deal volume.
- CMS is ranked number 1 in Europe, with 287 transactions (Bloomberg)
- CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats is ranked number 2 in France, with 60 transactions (Thomson Reuters)
League Tables M&A rankings are carried out independently by Thomson Reuters, Mergermarket and Bloomberg. Each of these editors specialising in the analysis of professional information classifies the activity of law firms active in mergers and acquisitions, with an international, regional and local scope and on the basis of the analysis they make both deal volume and value.
Our Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions practice is part of these rankings for many years, confirming the excellence of our expertise and dedicated teams. Part of CMS' business strategy, Corporate/M&A has undergone significant expansion in France and internationally, with a dedicated team now composed of around 60 lawyers in France and 700 abroad. All of them work closely with our specialists in taxation, labour law, and other legal specialties (such as real estate law, contract law).
We assist our clients in their acquisition or sale of companies (listed or not), industries or assets and in the establishment of joint ventures, and more specifically in:
- The conduct of the legal and tax analysis prior to the implementation of the operation and its structuring
- The organisation of the data room and due diligence
- Drafting and negotiation of preparatory acts (confidentiality, exclusivity, process letters, non-binding and binding LOI, etc.)
- The audit as well as the negotiation and drafting of the contractual documentation relating to the transaction (assignment contract, guarantee contract, transitional agreements, etc.)
- In international operations, with a special expertise in in-bound and out-bound operations.
For more information on our law firm:
Our law firm is a leading international business law firm. Its deep roots, unique positioning and highly recognised expertise enables it to deliver innovative, high value-added solutions in all areas of the law.