CMS advised Bayerische Landesbank on the financing of the construction of three wind farms with a total capacity of almost 52 MW, by Pacifico Energy Partners, a renewable energy investment company. The project will be financed within the project finance formula.
The scope of work to be carried out by CMS on this project included preparing and negotiating the finance documentation, a due diligence analysis and in particular taking into account the analysis of the legal and financial aspects of the project.
An international team of CMS lawyers advised on the project 5. The team was managed by Michał Mężykowski, partner leading the CMS banking and finance practice, and Łukasz Szatkowski, partner in the energy and infrastructural projects practice. The team comprised: Krzysztof Mrozik, senior associate, Roksana Pietrzak and Julia Czerwińska, specialising in the financings, and Adam Kędziora, associate from the energy practice. Further support on the project was provided by Markus M. Pfaff, partner, and Christopher Heckel, associate from the banking and finance practice at CMS Frankfurt.
The CMS team is one of the most experienced teams as regards projects on the renewable energy market in Poland. CMS lawyers have recently advised at the following projects:
- The acquisition of the Zajączkowo wind farm located in the Pomorskie voivodship, the municipality of Kobylnica, by Green Investment Group from Mitsui Renewable Energy Europe Ltd and J-Power Investment Netherlands B.V.
- The acquisition of the Jasna wind farm by Stadtwerke München from WKN, the constructor of the farm, and its subsidiary Sevivon, owned by the PNE Group, which with a capacity of 132 MW is one of the largest onshore wind farms in Poland.
- The investment in and the subsequent sale of a complex of 49 photovoltaic power stations by Modus Group, a leading developer in the renewable energy sector, to Aberdeen Standard Investments, an asset management fund.
- Partners Group, a Swiss investment company on the acquisition of a majority stake of the VSB Group that develops projects on the renewable energy market.
- The Signify group, a Euronext listed company, on the Virtual Power Purchase Agreement (VPPA), one of the first corporate agreements of that type concluded on the Polish market.
- Real Assets Advisers on the acquisition of 33% of the shares in Acciona Energía Internacional.
- Green Genius, a leading developer operating in the renewable energy sector, on the sale of a portfolio of 41 photovoltaic power plants to Aberdeen Standard Investments.
- Financing by Bayerische Landesbank of the acquisition of a 42 MW wind farm.
- Financing of the construction of a complex of 49 photovoltaic power plants by a Polish investor.