7 Straits View
Marina One East Tower
Marc is a Partner in our Singapore office and has more than 30 years’ experience in law (in both enforcement and as a Barrister/Solicitor). As part of his practice he is actively involved in advising clients in APAC including in relation to business strategy in developing economies and acting for clients in the Pacific and Island Nations.
Marc is a corporate/commercial lawyer specialises in acting for all manner of clients in relation to the oil and gas sector (upstream, midstream and downstream, LNG and Petrochemicals).
Marc is praised by clients for being diligent and producing quality work.
- Chinese MNC in relation to the commercialisation of a gas field and cross border transportation in Africa.
- Client in relation to the divestment of an interest in a Honduras oil and gas interest.
- An energy fund in relation to an acquisition of offshore oil and gas assets in Asia.
- Japanese petrochemical producer in relation to several raw material and sales contracts.
- ADB in relation to the restructuring of the Fiji power sector including rural electrification and renewable base load.
- The Government of an Island Nation in relation to development of an island city project (estimates at $30bn completed).
- Premier Oil in relation to the commercialization of an oil and gas field including the sale of gas from an offshore development in Vietnam to a State Owned Entity.
- Chevron in relation to the construction of a pipeline in Vietnam.
- An international merchant bank in relation to the financing of the acquisition of a refinery including advice on related Crude Oil Sales Agreements, Mogas Agreements and LPG Agreements.
- Gail (India’s largest aggregator and regulator) in relation to its purchase of LNG on a long term contract basis from Sabine Pass and Freeport in the United States into India.
- InterOil in relation to the monetisation and divestment of an onshore gas and condensate fields in PNG (value between USD1.5 – 3.6bn).
- An oil and gas MNC and a corporate MNC in relation to business strategy for establishing a business in Myanmar including corporate governance.
- Hamersley Iron in relation to a $5bn mine and port upgrade.
- ADB in relation to the development of the West Seti hydro-power and related infrastructure project in Nepal.
- Vale in relation to its bid for and commercialisation of the Tavan Tolgoi mine.
- The Maldives Government in relation to restructuring and drafting legislation including banking & finance, corporations legislation and land.
- 2001, Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor to the Supreme Court of Western Australia
- 1998, Bachelor of Laws (Honours) – University of London
- Marc also holds a Bachelor of Education, Diploma of Teaching (Major in Science & Minor in Social Science), Graduate Certificate of Commercial Law (International) and Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice.
- Board Director - Australian Myanmar Chamber of Commerce.
- Oil Council