Our TMT team is the top-ranked media and technology practice in the region. It has several lawyers ranked by the leading directories for their expertise in this sector and is the only international law firm in Singapore to be ranked in the top tier for this category of work by both Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
CMS lawyers are media industry experts, not just legal experts. Matt Pollins sit on the Regulatory & Antipiracy Committee of CASBAA, the representative body for pay TV in Asia. He is the elected Chair of CASBAA 2020, and industry body that counts members such as Disney and 21st Century Fox and helped to found the Asian Sponsorship Association, bringing together brands and rights holders.
Our lawyers are passionate media specialists which ensures that our advice reflects the very latest trends in media.
We advise on:
- Buy and sell side investment opportunities
- Market entry, navigating FDI restrictions and working with local partners
- Compliance with local content and advertising regulations
- Antipiracy strategy, from due diligence on target sites, through to an assessment of the legal case, drafting of appropriate cease and desist documentation, and, if needed, enforcement through the courts or other authorities
- Dispute prevention through stress-testing template contracts and advice on changes to increase their enforceability
- Handling regional disputes