Av. Santa María 110
Jesus joined CMS Grau in 2013 and has more than 10 years of experience giving legal advice on Oil and Gas matters. He has advised both governmental entities (hydrocarbons industry regulators) and companies that carry out hydrocarbon activities in all its phases. Jesus has extensive experience in the regulation of public services, sanctioning administrative procedures, administrative contentious proceedings, Public-Private Associations, legal consulting on the regulation sector, corporate matters and project financing.
His knowledge of the industry is not limited to the legal field, since his experience coordinating with professionals from other disciplines has allowed him to incorporate technical and economic knowledge of the sector, which facilitates his understanding of his client’s needs.
For seven years, he provided advice to the Supervisory Agency for Energy and Mining Investment (OSINERGMIN) and participated in the supervision and control of companies of the Natural Gas industry, as well as in the elaboration of laws applicable to this industry.
Jesus mainly advises companies that carry out Oil and Natural Gas activities, which has allowed him to identify that within this sector, investing in any stage of the hydrocarbons industry is a challenge, since the normative regulation is quite complex and requires a high level of specialization for an efficient consultancy to the Oil and Gas companies.
In this scenario, Jesus stands out for his understanding of the client's problems and finds creative solutions, thanks to his experience advising large investment projects, entities of the public sector and his regulation knowledge on this matter.
On the other hand, he has also been professor of the university extension course of OSINERGMIN and in several events related to his specialty.
- Enagás International: Consultancy for the awarding of the Peruvian Southern Gas Pipeline.
- Petroperú: Advice on the regulation of Law 30130, regarding the modernization of the Talara Refinery
- Energigás: Consultancy on the Doe Run´s change of the energy matrix.
- Colbun: Advice on the purchase of the Fenix Power Thermal Power Plant.
- Enagás Internacional: Consultancy in the public tender for the award of the concession of LPG transport by pipelines from Pisco to Lima.
- Olympic: Advice on issues of natural gas distribution.
- 2014 – Project Finance Course, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú
- 2007 – XI University Extension Course in Regulation of Public Services with Specialization in Telecommunications, Supervisory Body for Private Investment in Telecommunications OSIPTEL
- 2006 – IV University Extension Course, Supervisory Body of Energy and Mining Investment
- 2005 – Law Degree, Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos
- Callao Bar Association
- Jesús Abanto (2014) El Gas Natural en el Perú y los Proyectos Destinados a su Descentralización (Natural Gas in Peru and Projects for Decentralization). Revista de Derecho y Sociedad, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.