Av. Santa María 110
The professional practice of Ramon Huapaya is intense, and covers the following fields: Administrative Sanctioning Law, Administrative Arbitration, Administrative Procedural Law and Administrative Procedures, Procurement, Promotion of Private Investment, Control of bureaucratic barriers, and regulation of public services and infrastructure.
With more than fifteen (15) years of experience in the professional exercise of Administrative Law, Ramon Huapaya has been specially trained in Administrative Law, Economic Administrative Law, Administrative Procedural Law (administrative procedures, administrative processes and arbitration of public law), Regulation of Public Services and Activities of general interest and Energy Law.
His previous professional experience (before CMS):
- Senior Associate of the Regulatory and Administrative Areas of Rodrigo, Elias & Medrano Law Firm.
- Legal Advisor of the Ministry of Energy and Mines.
His teaching experience:
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú - Professor of the Economic Administrative Law and Administrative Law 2 courses in the Faculty of Law (2011 to date).
- Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos – Professor of the Regulation of Public Services (2011 and 2012) and Administrative Law Seminar courses (2016).
- Universidad del Pacífico – Professor of the Administrative Law course (2012 to date).
- Universidad Esan – Economic Development Institute in agreement with OSCE - Associate Professor of the course "Administrative and Judicial Challenges in the course of training of Arbitrators organized by the Universidad ESAN and the Supervisory Agency for State Contracts - OSCE (2013 to date).
- Advice to the Ministry of Transport and Communications in the development of the Legislative Decree of reform to the Law of Expropriation, Legislative Decree N° 1192.
- Advice to Gold Fields La Cima in the annulment of a 2.400 UIT fine in an administrative penalty procedure followed by OSINERGMIN.
- Advice to the Judiciary in the selection of topics and dogmatic foundation of the II Full Judicial Review of Constitutional and Social Halls of the Supreme Court of Justice of the Republic.
- Advice to the Judiciary in the development of the new Disciplinary Rules of the Control of the Judiciary Office - OCMA (control body of the Judiciary).
- Sponsorship with success to Phoenix Power in cassation before the Supreme Court of Justice of the Republic, in a contentious-administrative process in urbanistic matter.
- Advice to TESUR in all processes of modification of its Concession Contract SGT for the Transmission Line Tintaya - Socabaya, including its commercial operation implementation.
- Advice to Luz del Sur S.A.A. in the impeachment of the tariff resolutions of OSINERGMIN in the field of generation, transmission and electric distribution in the tariff specifications of 2014 and 2015.
- 2013 – Admitted to the Doctorate in Law, University of Buenos Aires.
- 2011 – “Infrastructure in a Market Economy” Program, Harvard Kennedy School of Government, USA.
- 2009 – Completed a Master's Degree in Regulation Studies - Peruvian University of Applied Sciences
- 2005 – Lawyer graduated with the highest honors - University of Lima.
- 2003 – Bachelor of Science in Law - University of Lima.
- 2013 – Associate member of the Ibero-American Forum of Administrative Law.
- 2013 –Representative member on behalf of Peru's Ibero-American Network of Public Goods.
- 2011 – Representative incorporated member of Peru´s Ibero-American Association of Regulation.
- 2006 – Associate member of the Peruvian Association of Administrative Law.
- 2005 – A member of the The Bar Association of Lima.
- Public Administration, Administrative Law and Regulation. ARA Editors (Two editions).
- Treaty of the Administrative Dispute Process. Volume I. Jurista Editors. Lima, 2006.
- Some specific issues in relation to the regulation of the contentious-administrative appeal of "grievance" or lesividad in the Law that regulates the Administrative Process of Peru. Published, with some changes, in Dialog with the Case Law No. 145, October, 2010, Legal Gazette Editors, Lima, 2010. Pages 331-346. Also published in the Institutional Magazine No. 9 of the Judicial Academy of Peru. Volume I. Articles and Essays. AMAG, July 2010. (Pages 87-103).
- Some notes on the relations between the Economic Administrative Law and the concept of Regulation in common law. In: Ius et Veritas Magazine. No. 40. Lima, 2010. Pages 302-344. Also published in the Journal The Law of the 13 of September of 2010. Administrative Law Special. Buenos Aires, Argentina. Pages 1-14.
- Some notes about the jurisprudential sources of economic regulation of public utilities and their influence on the formation of the North American administrative law. Published in the Journal of Administrative Law, published by The Circle of Administrative Law at the PUCP. Year III. N° 5. Lima, 2008.
- Ten theses on Public Private Partnerships (PPP) in our legal regime. Published in the Journal of Administrative Law, published by The Circle of Administrative Law at the PUCP. Year VIII. N° 13. Lima, 2013.
- The constitutional and legal regime of natural resources in the Peruvian legal system. Published in the Journal of Administrative Law, published by The Circle of Administrative Law at the PUCP. Year IX. N° 14. Lima, 2014.
- Concept and Legal Regime of the Public Service in the Public Peruvian Regulation. Published in the magazine Ius et Veritas. Edition N° 50. Lima, 2015.
- Criteria for the adoption of precautionary measures on the regulations that govern the administrative process in Peru. In the Administrative Court, edited by the Editorial Fondo Editorial Derecho y Economía. Paraguay, 2016. Pages 297-317.
- XI IBEROAMERICAN CONGRESS OF ECONOMIC REGULATION AND PUBLIC SERVICES. Organized by the Ibero-American Association of Regulation - ASIER and the Pontifical Catholic University of Argentina (UCA). Exhibitor with the theme: The reform of the Peruvian legislation in the field of Public and Private Associations APPs. Progress and setbacks. Buenos Aires, November 2016.
- I INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF PUBLIC GOODS organized by the Universidad Externado de Colombia. Exhibitor with the theme: The Concessions on Public Property in Peru. Bogotá DC, June 2016.
- X Iberoamerican Congress of Economic Regulation and Public Services. Organized by the Ibero-American Association of Regulation - ASIER and the Autonomous University of Nuevo León (Mexico).
- IBERO-AMERICAN CONGRESS ON ADMINISTRATIVE LAW. Organized by the Ibero-American Forum of Administrative Law and the University of Puerto Rico - Rio Piedras.
- VI LATIN AMERICAN CONFERENCE OF ADMINISTRATIVE LAW. Directed by Professor Juan Carlos La Cassagne. Organized by the Bar Association of the Federal Capital (Buenos Aires) and University of Belgrano.
- IBERO-AMERICAN CONGRESS ON ADMINISTRATIVE LAW. Organized by the Ibero-American Forum of Administrative Law and the Universidad Panamericana (Mexico).
- VIII IBERO-AMERICAN Congress of Economic Regulation and Public Services. Organized by the Ibero-American Association of Regulation - ASIER and North Catholic University and the Catholic University of Chile.
- V INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF ADMINISTRATIVE LAW (Margarita Island, Venezuela). Organized by the Legal Training Center Foundation (CAJO) with the academic co-sponsorship at the University of Margarita (UNIMAR), the Bar Association of the State of Nueva Esparta, the specialization in Administrative Law at the Universidad Central de Venezuela (UCV), the International Association of Administrative Law (AIDA), and the Center for the Study of Economic Regulation of the University of Monteavila (CERECO).
- IV LATIN AMERICAN CONFERENCE OF ADMINISTRATIVE LAW. Directed by Professor Juan Carlos Cassagne. Organized by the Bar Association of the Federal Capital (Buenos Aires) and the University of Belgrano.
- I RIGHT OF PROPERTY FOR PUBLIC USE CONFERENCE IN TRIBUTE TO ELINOR OSTROM AND VI CONFERENCE ON NATURAL RESOURCES LAW. Organized by the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile.
- III LATIN AMERICAN ADMINISTRATIVE LAW CONFERENCE. Directed by Professor Juan Carlos Cassagne. Organized by the Bar Association of the Federal Capital (Buenos Aires) and the University of Belgrano.