Aleksandra Kuźnicka - Cholewa
Aleksandra Kuźnicka - Cholewa
Warsaw Financial Centre
ul. Emilii Plater 53
Aleksandra Kuźnicka-Cholewa is a legal advisor and senior associate in the IP/TMT Group at CMS Warsaw.
She specialises in intellectual property law and represents clients in court proceedings concerning such issues as infringements of patents, trademarks, copyrights and moral rights as well as issues related to counteracting unfair competition. Aleksandra represents clients in proceedings before the Polish Patent Office concerning patent and trademark invalidation. She also assist clients in drafting and negotiating IP-related agreements including assignment and licensing agreements concerning patents, trademarks, copyrights and know-how. Her experience includes advising clients on commercialising the results of research and development work in relation to IP rights and advising international, innovative pharmaceutical companies on issues related to enforcing their IP rights (and specifically patents) in Poland, parallel import and granting supplementary protection certificates.
Aleksandra has over 7 years of professional IP advisory experience that she gained at leading international and Polish law offices.
- HP Inc. in court proceedings aimed at protecting its patents on the territory of Poland as well as in patent infringement proceedings in the Polish Patent Office and administrative courts.
- L’Oreal in trademark invalidation proceedings in the Polish Patent Office.
- An innovative Polish company on the commercialisation of the results of research and development work and acquisition of IP rights, including negotiating and drafting relevant IP-related agreements.
- International innovative crop protection products producer in anti-counterfeiting and IP enforcement matters in Poland.
- One of the largest Polish construction companies in a dispute concerning the infringement of copyrights to a construction design.
- Several leading international innovative pharmaceutical concerns on a number of court proceedings concerning infringements of patents, infringement of community trademarks during parallel import and granting supplementary protection certificates.
- One of the largest international insurance companies in a dispute concerning acts of unfair competition concerning employee poaching.
- An international jewellery producer in a court dispute concerning the infringement of community trademarks.
- One of the largest Polish insurance companies in a dispute concerning the infringement of moral rights in connection with the publication of press materials.
Faculty of Law and Administration, The Jagiellonian University, Cracow
Master’s degree, Specialisation: French and European Business Law, University in Poitiers, France
PhD Studies at the Institute of Law Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences (PAN)
District Chamber of Legal Advisors in Warsaw
Intellectual property. Selected practical issues. LexisNexis 2013.