Field of activity
Lukas Peissl is an associate primarily in the field of corporate law/M&A and dispute resolution. Lukas J. Peissl's practice focuses on out-of-court and judicial dispute resolution, including representation before arbitral tribunals (ICC, VIAC, UNCITRAL, Swiss Rules, ad hoc), primarily representing companies in corporate and construction disputes. In addition, HNI is also advised and represented in connection with questions of inheritance law and corporate succession.
Previous professional experience / training
Lukas J. Peissl joined CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz as associate in January 2018. Prior to this, he worked as a project assistant at the Institute for Civil and Corporate Law of the Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration and at two leading international law firms, advising and representing state-owned and large private companies in connection with proceedings before state courts and arbitration tribunals. In addition to representation before (arbitration) courts, he also advised on corporate and real estate law issues, especially on "post M&A" disputes.
Publications and Reports
Lukas J. Peissl is the author of numerous publications in this field.
- Advising several construction working groups in and out of court on claims made in infrastructure projects for additional costs in the amount of several tens of millions of euros.
- Advising and representing a client in ad-hoc arbitration proceedings regarding the contestation of shareholders’ decisions.
- Advising and representing a state-owned company in ICC arbitration proceedings related to FIDIC contracts.
- Advising and representing a client in a case involving compensation claims among shareholders due to a violation of fiduciary duties.
- 2015: LL.M. – Vienna University of Economics and Business
- 2013: LL.B. – Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners (YAAP)
- Austrian Society of Construction Law (ÖGEBAU)
- Vienna Bar Association
- Peissl, Anmerkung zu OGH 7 Ob 67/17d (Sicherstellung bei Werkverträgen), (comment on ruling OGH 7 Ob 67/17d (indemnity in contracts for work and services)), EvBl 2018/18.
- Peissl, Anmerkung zu OGH 7 Ob 115/16m (Gesamtnichtigkeit des Vertrages), (comment on ruling OGH 7 Ob 115/16m (overall invalidity of the contract)), EvBl 2016/155.
- Peissl, The Business Judgment Rule and its Impact on Austrian Law, Journal of Jurisprudence and Legal Practice 2016, 352 (co-authored with P. Nimmerfall).
- Peissl, Anmerkung zu OGH 1 Ob 41/15h (Verjährung), (comment on ruling OGH 1 Ob 41/15h (statute of limitations)), EvBl 2015/152.
- Peissl, Tagung Gemeindeinsolvenz – Rückblick (conference on insolvency of municipalities – review), Zak 2015/589.
- Grundlagen Rechtswissenschaftliches Arbeiten (principles of research in law), Vienna University of Economics and Business, summer semester 2015.