Gerlind Wisskirchen specializes in advising international groups, providing added value through analytical expertise as well as precise and strategic recommendations. Her endeavors extend beyond simply providing legal advice. She and her team are performance-driven and creative and strive to forge workable and strategic client-focused solutions so that businesses can achieve their business objectives. Part of this advice is project management, thus understanding the relevant factors, defining the goals, selecting the best methods and tools, and precisely implementing the set objectives. Gerlind advises multinational groups with a focus on restructurings, national and international labor and employment law and compliance issues. Acting as a strategic advisor to the management or serving as advisory board member, she assists with the development of business plans and strategies from an HR and labor and employment law perspective. As an expert for the digitalization of the workplace, she has published the "Artificial Intelligence and Robotics and Their Impact on the Workplace" report for the Global Employment Institute and testified as expert before the German and European parliament.
In a globalized world in which national borders are increasingly diminishing and corporations are facing global challenges, she has particular expertise in cross-border projects like business reorganizations (outsourcing, off-shoring), compliance issues, cross-border compensation programs, cross-border audits and internal investigations, board level codetermination, matrix structures of multinational corporations, the European works council, the implementation of codes of conduct, whistleblowing systems and IT-systems, and data privacy protection issues. She developed the "EU Labor & Employment Law Navigator", a comparative analysis of the labor and employment law systems in Europe.
Gerlind is a regular moderator and panelist at national and international conferences on the legal issues of international HR management and on issues of cross-border labor and employment law, such as the International Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the American Employment Law Council. She is a lecturer for the MBA program "International Human Resources Management" at Cranfield University, UK, one of Europe’s leading Business Schools, and has published numerous articles in German and in English.
From 1991 to 1995, Gerlind worked for two US law firms before joining the international department of the German Federal Ministry of Finance. She joined CMS in 1998 and was made partner in 2003.
- #1 of the most highly regarded Labour and Employment Lawyers in Germany: "Gerlind Wisskirchen enjoys a prominent position in the German market thanks to her leading work advising corporate clients on restructuring and employment law strategy." | Who's Who Legal 2020
- Listed as 1 of 22: "Thought Leader" | Who's Who Legal 2020 - Labour & Employment, Germany
- Listed as 1 of 12 Leading Individual in the area of Labor and Employment Law in Germany | The Legal 500 Deutschland, 2020
- "Outstanding in international projects" (competitor) | JUVE German Commercial Law Firms 2020 (GCLF)
- Listed as 1 of 15 among the leading senior labor and employment partners in Germany | JUVE Handbuch, 2019/2020
- "Gerlind Wisskirchen is highly sought after by clients thanks to her strong understanding of cross-border outsourcing projects and corporate reorganisations." | Who's Who Legal 2019
- Listed as 1 of 18: "Thought Leader" | Who's Who Legal 2019 - Labour & Employment, Germany
- Listed for Employment Law | Germany's Top Lawers 2019 – Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers
- "Gerlind Wisskirchen is ‘very visible in the market’ and features prominently in our research this year as one of the leading practitioners in the space. One respondent describes her as ‘one of the best lawyers I have every worked with’." | Who's Who Legal 2018
- Listed as: Notable Practitioner for Employment | Chambers Europe, 2019
- Listed as: Leading Individual for Employment | The Legal 500 EMEA, 2018
- Recommended lawyer | Kanzleimonitor 2017, 2018
- "Gerlind Wisskirchen's client base consists largely of international companies and she is noted as particular for her work for US clients. She regularly handles compliance matters and reorganizations." | Chambers Europe, 2017
- "The ‘outstanding' Gerlind Wisskirchen is highly recommended by peers and an international client base, placing her at the top of our research. A number of respondents pick her out as ‘the go-to labour and employment lawyer in Germany'." | The International Who's Who of Management Labour & Employment Lawyers 2017
- Listed for Employment Law | Germany's Top Lawyers 2017 – Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers
- "Market commentators respect Gerlind Wisskirchen for ‘her international experience and vast knowledge of how international corporations work.' Her main focus lies in comprehensive reorganisations an compliance procedures, and she also advises on industrial relations." | Chambers Europe, 2016
- "In addition, the ‘management, labour and employment department is recommended for offering highly skilled advice to clients'. The brilliantly able Gerlind Wisskirchen has boundless experience and expertise which makes her a prominent figure in the marketplace. She focuses her practice on advising clients on restructuring, national and international labour law, and compliance issues." | Who's Who Legal 2016
- "Gerlind Wisskirchen is a top-tier adviser with unrivalled expertise and understanding of clients' business environment." | Who's Who Legal 2016
- Listed as: Leading Individual for Employment | The Legal 500 EMEA, 2016
- Winner Who's Who Legal Award 2015, Labour & Employment, in cooperation with the American Bar Association - "internationally renowned for her work"| Who's Who Legal 2015
- "Gerlind Wisskirchen advises on the full spectrum of employment law issues from the Cologne office. She frequently advises on cross-border restructurings and re-organisations, and is considered ‘excellent' by interviewees." | Chambers Europe, 2014
- "Sources describe Gerlind Wisskirchen as an ‘excellent individual.' She is known for a focus on international mandates, particularly those involving the USA." | Chambers Europe, 2013
- "Gerlind Wisskirchen is a great example of what an employment lawyer should be like: compassionate, focused and extremely quick thinker." | Chambers Europe, 2011