Dr. Peter Wende, LL.M. (College of Europe)
Dr. Peter Wende, LL.M. (College of Europe)
Peter Wende advises and represents clients in German and international arbitration proceedings as well as in disputes before German courts. He has special experience in M&A and corporate disputes as well as in matters related to board members, managing directors and liability of corporate organs. Peter furthermore often acts on general commercial disputes and has extensive experience in advising on national and international corporate transactions.
Peter joined CMS in 2010 and has been a partner since 2019. In 2015, he was seconded to CMS von Erlach Poncet in Geneva for six months. He therefore has particular know-how in relation to Swiss and French briefs. Alongside his legal practice, Peter is a federal board member of the Economic Council of Germany‘s CDU party (Wirtschaftsrat der CDU e.V.) and contributes to the big online commentary on commercial and corporate law by German legal publisher Beck.
- Defending a former board member of a large German bank against claims for damages brought forward by the bank; volume: approx. EUR 190 million
- Representing a leading automotive supplier in arbitration proceedings regarding post-M&A claims for damages
- Representing a private equity company in arbitration proceedings to defend against purchase price adjustment claims
- Representing a medium-sized group of companies in arbitration proceedings to defend against claims resulting from breaches of guarantee
- Representing a leading German conglomerate in the automotive engineering sector in various commercial disputes before national courts
- 2011: PhD, University of Cologne
- 2009 - 2010: LL.M. at the College of Europe in Bruges (Belgium) as a scholar of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- 2005 - 2007: Trainee lawyer at Oldenburg Higher Regional Court
- 2001 - 2003: Work experience with an internationally operating law firm in Tokyo (Japan), the French Embassy in Dublin (Ireland), an international accounting and tax consultancy firm as well as the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg
- 2002 - 2004: Scholar of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung who awards scholarships to students of exceptional academic achievement
- 1999 - 2004: Law studies at the Universities of Tuebingen, Lausanne (Switzerland), Muenster and Cologne
- Federal Executive Committee of the Economic Council of the CDU e.V.
- Baden-Württemberg State Executive Committee of the Economic Council of the CDU e.V.
- Honorary Chairman of the Baden-Württemberg Wirtschaftsrat Youth Group of the CDU e.V.
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- German Arbitration Institution (DIS 40)
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA below 40)
- German-Swiss Lawyers Association (DSJV)
- German-French Lawyers Association (DFJ)
- Corporate Law Association (VGR)
- Tönissteiner Kreis (science and economy discussion group)
- KIWANIS Club Stuttgart e.V.
- Beck-Online Großkommentar Handels- und Gesellschaftsrecht, commentary on sections 109 to 111 German Commercial Code (still to be published)
- EU will Wettbewerb durch modernes Gesellschaftsrecht stärken, Platow-Brief Recht, 28.03.2013
- EU bastelt an einheitlichem Unternehmensregister, Platow-Brief Recht, 19.06.2012
- Das Fremdbesitzverbot in den freien Berufen, Deutscher Anwaltverlag, Bonn, 2012.
- E-Mobilität - Unternehmen fehlt es oft an Kapital, Klare rechtliche Firmenstrukturen erleichtern die Suche nach der richtigen Finanzierung erheblich, Stuttgarter Zeitung 19.04.2011, p. 4
- Lecturer at Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, since 2012
- "Mergers and Acquisitions in Germany and Switzerland", Panel discussion with Dieter Conzelmann (Bizerba), Ulm 24.10.2016
- "Mobility tomorrow: new views and perspectives", Panel discussion with Eckart von Klaeden (Head of External Affairs Daimler AG and former Chancellery Minister), Stuttgart 31.08.2016
- "The German automotive industry in the international market – tasks and challenges", Panel discussion with Matthias Wissmann (President of the German Association of the Automotive Industry and Steffen Bilger MdB, Stuttgart 16.07.2014
- "Mobility 2.0 – the future of the automotive industry in Germany", Panel discussion with inter alia Martin Jäger (Head of Global External Affairs and Public Policy, Daimler AG), Stuttgart 19.04.2012
- "Private Equity investors in midsize companies – corporate raiders or important investors", Panel discussion at the economic council with inter alia Thorsten Klapproth (CEO of WMF AG) and Daniel Flaig (Partner of Capvis Equity Partners AG), Geislingen 04.07.2011