The rights and freedoms of data subjects have been strengthened. As well as the requirement for data processing transparency, the new regulation states that subjects must give their unambiguous consent, which they are also entitled to withdraw, and it has introduced the right to class actions and the right to compensation for material and non-material prejudice. It has also established a new principle of data portability, whereby a data subject can retrieve all personal data and transmit them to another party.
In order to guarantee protection for personal rights, every collecting body must:
- supply the statutory information to the data subjects;
- ensure easy access and the unconditional right for data to be corrected;
- allow the right to object and to data erasure, data restrictions and portability;
- notify every data recipient if any request for rectification, erasure or restriction is received from a data subject;
- Prioritise manual processing over automated processing (especially profiling and credit scoring) which should involve human intervention and the right to challenge the decision.
The New Technologies/Intellectual Property team of our law firm will help you throughout the process of adapting your business to the new regulation and identifying your new needs as a result.
Tailor your confidentiality policy
We can either adapt your existing procedures or produce a brand new confidentiality policy tailored to your business and the specific recipients of your data processing.
Inform and train your employees
We offer several training cycles:
- for executives – a short course to provide an overview of the risks and priorities;
- for legal advisors – intensive tailored courses;
- for operatives – sector-focused training including specific examples;
We also have a hotline to help answer your day-to-day practical questions.
GDPR: our lawyers support your business
The New Technologies/Intellectual Property team of our law firm will help you throughout the process of adapting your business to GDPR obligations and identifying your needs as a result.