Michel Peters, De Pardieu Brocas Maffei and CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre advised a consortium of the Le Mer family (co-founder of the group), Bpifrance, Arkea Capital Partenaire and a pool of investors led by Unexo in the areas of Corporate, Financing and Tax Planning in the acquisition of the Carlyle Group's shares in the Sermeta Group.
The other counsel of Bpifrance, Arkea Capital Partenaire and Unexo were Weil Gotshal & Manges, Stehlin & Associés and Lamartine Conseil respectively.
Nearing the end of this operation, the Sermeta Group is finding a national foothold with long-term shareholders likely to support the group in its development in both the French market and abroad.
Sermeta is the world leader in the manufacture of stainless steel gas condensing heat exchangers. Established in 1993 by Joseph Le Mer, the group rapidly grew to become an international company with sales in Europe, the United States and Asia based on the innovative technology of its heat exchangers. The commercial success of the company rests on a wide range of products whose performance and quality are recognised by the world's largest boiler manufacturers. In recent years, the company's R&D department has shown not only strong innovation with the development of new patent-protected products, but also industrial excellence at its production sites in Morlaix and Lannion, Brittany.
The acquisition consortium was advised by:
- Lawyer - Corporate: Michel Peters
- Lawyers - Tax Planning: CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre with Laurent Hepp (partner), Luc Jaillais (partner), Jean-Charles Benois, Florian Burnat and Vincent Forestier
- Lawyers - Corporate - Financing: De Pardieu Brocas Maffei with Guillaume Touttée (partner), Benoit Gomel, Stéphanie Gerard and François Didier in Corporate, and Yannick Le Gall (partner), Christophe Gaillard (partner), Jessica Derocque and Stéphanie Segal in Financing
Other counsel in the case were:
For the co-investors:
- Lawyers for Bpifrance: Weil Gotshal & Manges (Frédéric Cazals, James Clarke, Mathilde Descotes)
- Lawyer for Arkea Capital Partenaire: Stehlin & Associés (Cyrille Boillot)
- Lawyer for Unexo: Lamartine Conseil (Guillaume de Ternay)
For the transferor:
- Debt: Crédit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank (CACIB)
- Lawyer: Ashurst
For more information, please contact: