CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats adviser to shareholders of Lyreco SAS as to the merger with Corporate Express NV
On 21 May 2008, Lyreco SAS shareholders announced that they entered into a merger agreement with Corporate Express NV.
On 21 May 2008, Lyreco SAS shareholders announced that they entered into a merger agreement with Corporate Express NV under which Corporate Express NV will acquire 100% of the share capital of Lyreco SAS in consideration of a stake of 29,9% in Corporate Express NV paid by Lyreco SAS shareholders and of Euro900M cash. The purpose is to create the worldwide number one supplier of office products to enterprises with a combined turnover amounting to Euro7,8bn. The signing of this transaction occurs while Corporate Express NV is subject to a hostile takeover bid by Staples, an American corporation.
Advisers acting for this deal were as follows :
Advisers to Lyreco SAS shareholders :
- Legal advisers
- CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats - M&A : Philippe Rosenpick, Jean-Robert Bousquet ; Tax & Structuring: Frédéric Winkler, Bruno Peillon, Vanessa Mougeolle
- Simmons & Simmons Pays-Bas - Jean Pierre van Leeuwe, Pieter van Uchelen, Rhamsey Croes
- Financial advisers
- Rothschild & Cie - M&A : Philippe Lansade, Frank Cygler, Bertrand Deleuse, Jean Clavel ; Financing: Carl Bassili
Advisers to Corporate Express NV :
- Legal advisers: Allen & Overy - M&A : Marteen Muller, Charles Holst
- Financial advisers : JP Morgan (George Holst, Peter Kerckhoffs) / Deutsche Bank