03 December 2015, 12:30 -
Our specialist Product Liability Team invites you to attend an informal drop-in session focused on topical product liability issues across a number of different sectors (including Life Sciences). On December 3 CMS lawyers, with a proven track record of dealing with high-end cross-border product liability cases, will be offering expert local insight relating to developments in product liability within their jurisdictions, emerging risks and policy issues impacting on product liability and group litigation.
In this global market, jurisdictional issues arise with increased regularity in product liability cases. Questions you might consider:
- How do I manage litigation abroad?
- What kinds of damages can be recovered in the various jurisdictions?
- What is the status of the EU Medical Devices Directive?
- How does the ECJ Judgment of 5 March 2015 (Boston Scientific case) affect my business?
- Am I properly insured in Europe and does that also apply to recalls?
- How do legal fees work in other jurisdictions?
Lunch will be provided during this casual opportunity to meet members of our CMS Product Liability Team and network with other professionals in your area. The lawyers who will be available to answer your queries include:
UK – Shuna Mason and Alaina Wadsworth
Germany – Jens Wagner
France – Jean de la Hosseraye, Stéphanie de Giovanni and Aliénor Fèvre
Italy – Paola Ghezzi and Laura Opilio
Switzerland – Jodok Wicki and Clemens von Zedtwitz
Belgium – Carl Leermakers and Virginie Frémat
Netherlands – Eva Schothorst-Gransier and Bas Baks
Please RSVP below by November 25, 2015 so that we can cater accordingly. Please feel free to forward this invitation to any colleagues who might be interested.
We sincerely hope that you will be able to join us.
RSVP: [email protected]