CMS Rui Pena & Arnaut’s Competition & EU practice has accumulated a vast experience over the years, initially developed from its strong presence in the regulated sectors – such as Energy, Intellectual Property or Life Sciences – and from the importance of the transactions advised by its Corporate & Commercial Department, to become a group with a solid experience in all relevant business sectors.
CMS Rui Pena & Arnaut has developed its expertise notably in the following areas:
- Merger Control
- State Aid
- Advising in antitrust procedures and sectoral investigations (information requests, Dawn raids, replies to statement of objections, leniency requests, complaints and ínterim measures)
- Advising horizontal cooperation agreements, in particular in Intellectual Property
- Advising in distribution agreements and specializations agreements, in particular with regard to franchising and motor vehicle distribution
- Advising in abuse of dominance matters
- Compliance programmes
- Damages actions
- Advising in matters pertaining to Services of General Economic Interest
- Unlawful commercial practices
Any company –be it a big international group or na SME – are directly concerned by EU and Competition Law. Advising companies on how to be compliant to Competition Law, or how to use these areas of the Law to advance their position in the market, has been a challenge to which we have responded positively, with all types of companies and across all sectors of activity.
CMS Rui Pena & Arnaut has an in-depth knowledge of how EU and Competition law applies in practice across different markets and, with cross-disciplinary teams, we work to provide an advice close to the our clients’ needs.