Employment and Pensions is an expertise dedicated to a complete labour assistance, working in team with the client in defining the strategy of solutions adapted to the activity performed by the client.
We provide proactive juridical assistance considering the goals and business strategies. We recognize the importance of human capital and assume our role in the success of our clients.
The Labour Law team has a high level of expertise in areas such as:
- Preventive support to human resources department, participating in the planning definition for implementation of the best practices in Labour Law
- Restructuration of staff, whether in collective dismissal procedures, individual extinction of job position processes or layoff situations
- Participation in negotiation processes to cease labour contracts by mutual agreement
- Labour audits, in situations that involve mergers and acquisitions, or implementation of better practices
- Conduct of pre-litigation processes, namely those related with disciplinary procedure
- Labour Litigation
- Social Security
- Monitoring of situations related with hiring foreign employees, namely to obtain visas, or employees from the European Union, in the regime of posting/secondment or new hiring
- Registration in the relevant Portuguese City Halls
- Resident card for non-european citizens linked to european citizens
- Citizenship processes in all diferent modalities
- Working visas/permits for qualified positions and non-qualified positions
- Student visas/permits
- Exceptional visas/permits to well-known citizens who are considered to perform relevant activities (cultural or scientific for example)
- Visas/permits for pensionists, retired and citizens who live of income of their own (also known as D7 form)
- Golden Visa in all different modalities
- Citizenship processes in all different modalities
Clients highlight the flexibility and availability of the team and appreciate the lawyers' "very creative and pragmatic approach".
Chambers & Partners 2017
Band 2: "An impressive employment team providing excellent quality work."
Legal 500 2015