Our project finance and infrastructure development team advises on both South African projects and projects in the rest of the African continent acting for lenders, borrowers and both private and public sector sponsors.
These projects include, amongst others, toll road, renewable energy and rail projects in South Africa and Africa. Our team is very experienced in public - private partnerships (PPPs)and has significant trade finance and South African export credit experience.
Our track record
We have over 20 years of combined experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in projects and regularly advise on a range of contracts typically encountered in the development, design, construction, operation and financing of infrastructure projects such as financing agreements and security documents, construction contracts, operation and maintenance contracts, service level agreements, construction and operation interface agreements, sponsor equity support agreements, shareholder agreements, consortium agreements, feed-stock agreements and off-take agreements.
A testament to our skill and credibility is the Tshwane Municipal Office accommodation PPP project, the first large scale municipal PPP Project in South Africa and the Montrose City Mega Developments township development which our team successfully led.
Whatever it is that you need, we can assist:
- risk assessment, legal due diligence and risk management
- procurement law, tender processes and evaluations, including procurement strategies, regulatory advice, and compiling and reviewing requests for proposals
- all agreements relating to the structuring, financing, developing, operating and maintaining projects, including supply agreements, bespoke contracts and professional consultancy agreements
- permits, licences, project agreements and financing agreements and relevant security documents (such as construction bonds and guarantees)
- correctional facilities
- government buildings and related facilities
- hospitals and healthcare facilities
- municipal, provincial and national infrastructure
- ports and marine terminals
- public housing
- rail, including passenger rail and mass transit
- renewable energy (solar, CSP, wind and waste and waster - to - energy) and transmission facilities and systems
- roads and bridges
- dispute resolution