Fuelled by customer demand for cutting-edge products and increased supply of pioneering services, the sectors of technology, media and communications are each undergoing constant change. Innovation is key, and so tech and telecoms suppliers, and creators and distributors of media, need to protect their investments and maximise their commercial opportunities.
Sector convergence coupled with the rapid evolution of new technologies has also opened up a wealth of opportunities in your industry and you'll be well aware of the need to adapt, diversify into new business lines, and often to grow, while all the time complying with new regulatory requirements.
To tackle these challenges head-on, lawyers like us who understand your sector, on a regional and international basis make a real difference.
Our CMS team of specialist lawyers has been exposed to virtually every risk and challenge you face in the TMC sector and with our long-standing focus on Technology, Media and Communications, we are best placed to deliver innovative solutions through our disputes, corporate, commercial, banking, forensics, compliance, employment and tax practices.
What we offer
We offer the full suite of sector - focused services:
- administrative and constitutional law
- advertising law
- commercial and business law
- corporate governance and compliance
- cross-border corporate and M&A across Africa
- debt restructuring, business rescue & insolvency
- dispute resolution including litigation, arbitration and mediation
- due diligence investigations
- electronic communications and website policies
- establishment of electronic banks and international licensing
- funding arrangements
- information technology development contracts
- legal implications of electronic commerce
- licensing and regulation of the electronic communications sector
- negotiating, drafting and finalising complex IT related agreements, including sophisticated outsourcing arrangements
- online lottery and gambling
- public procurement
- telecommunications M&A, corporate, commercial and regulatory advice, including Independent Communications Authority of South Africa related matters