CMS Switzerland’s Insolvency and Restructuring Team has extensive knowledge in the field of both domestic and international insolvency, restructuring and enforcement law. Our core competencies include:
- Debt enforcement, bankruptcy and composition proceedings
- Proceedings to set aside the objection
- Debt enforcement and bankruptcy related appeal proceedings
- Proceedings concerning actions to contest the schedule of admitted claims
- Opposition proceedings
- Avoidance action proceedings
- Proceedings concerning the freezing of assets
- Proceedings concerning the enforcement of foreign judgements and arbitration awards in Switzerland
Furthermore, we advise Swiss companies, as well as domestic and foreign financial creditors on restructuring and reorganisation measures. This includes, in particular, providing advice on nonperforming loans and bonds, debt restructuring and financing operations, debt equity swaps, judicial and extrajudicial composition agreements and restructuring loans.
We also have a wealth of experience in the field of international insolvency law, such as advising and assisting foreign insolvency administrators in the enforcement of claims in Switzerland resp. in the addition of domestic assets to the foreign insolvency estate.