CMS advised IMCD on the acquisition of DCS Pharma AG
Basle | Rotterdam IMCD N.V., a leading distributor of specialty chemicals and food ingredients, acquired Swiss pharmaceutical distributor DCS Pharma AG and its subsidiaries.
The transaction consists of two stages: in a first step, IMCD acquired 90% of the shares in DCS Pharma AG and, in a second step, IMCD will purchase the remaining 10% on 31 December 2021.
DCS Pharma AG, headquartered in Basle (Switzerland), was founded in 2016 by the Swiss pharmaceutical distributors Dolder AG and ChemSwiss AG. Today, DCS Pharma AG operates in eight markets such as Spain, Italy, Germany, Mexico, and China. In 2018, the group generated a revenue of approx. CHF 68 million with 64 employees. DCS' product portfolio covers a range of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients for the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries.
IMCD, headquartered in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), is a market leader in the sale, marketing and distribution of specialty chemicals and food ingredients. The shares in IMCD are listed on Euronext, Amsterdam. In 2018, IMCD generated revenues of approx. EUR 2.4bn with more than 2,800 employees in over 47 countries worldwide.
An international CMS team led by partners Dr Richard Mayer-Uellner (Cologne) and Dr Stephan Werlen (Zurich) advised IMCD on all legal aspects of this transaction.
- Dr Stephan Werlen, Partner, Corporate / M&A
- Pascal Stocker, Associate, Corporate / M&A
- Dr Simone Brauchbar Birkhäuser, Counsel, Intellectual Property
- Sarah Keller, Associate, Employment
- Katja Bertsche, Associate, Real Estate
- Ferdinand Blezinger, Associate, Commercial
- Dr Richard Mayer-Uellner, Partner, Corporate / M&A
- Matthias Engelen, Senior Associate, Coporate / M&A
CMS EU Law Office
- Dr Michael Bauer, Partner, Competition & EU
- Dr Björn Herbers, Partner, Competition & EU
- Dr Dieter Zandler, Partner, Competition & EU
- Vanessa Horaceck, Associate, Competition & EU
- Rafael Sánchez Jiménez, Partner, Corporate / M&A
- Giancarlo Schievenini, Senior Associate, Corporate / M&A
- Falk Lichtenstein, Partner, Corporate / M&A
- Matthieu Laval, Senior Associate, Corporate / M&A