Home / Publications / CMS advised IMCD on the acquisition of DCS Pharma...

CMS advised IMCD on the acquisition of DCS Pharma AG

CMS advised IMCD on the acquisition of DCS Pharma AG

Basle | Rotterdam  IMCD N.V., a leading distributor of specialty chemicals and food ingredients, acquired Swiss pharmaceutical distributor DCS Pharma AG and its subsidiaries.

The transaction consists of two stages: in a first step, IMCD acquired 90% of the shares in DCS Pharma AG and, in a second step, IMCD will purchase the remaining 10% on 31 December 2021.

DCS Pharma AG, headquartered in Basle (Switzerland), was founded in 2016 by the Swiss pharmaceutical distributors Dolder AG and ChemSwiss AG. Today, DCS Pharma AG operates in eight markets such as Spain, Italy, Germany, Mexico, and China. In 2018, the group generated a revenue of approx. CHF 68 million with 64 employees. DCS' product portfolio covers a range of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients for the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries.

IMCD, headquartered in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), is a market leader in the sale, marketing and distribution of specialty chemicals and food ingredients. The shares in IMCD are listed on Euronext, Amsterdam. In 2018, IMCD generated revenues of approx. EUR 2.4bn with more than 2,800 employees in over 47 countries worldwide.

An international CMS team led by partners Dr Richard Mayer-Uellner (Cologne) and Dr Stephan Werlen (Zurich) advised IMCD on all legal aspects of this transaction.

CMS Switzerland

  • Dr Stephan Werlen, Partner, Corporate / M&A
  • Pascal Stocker, Associate, Corporate / M&A
  • Dr Simone Brauchbar Birkhäuser, Counsel, Intellectual Property
  • Sarah Keller, Associate, Employment
  • Katja Bertsche, Associate, Real Estate
  • Ferdinand Blezinger, Associate, Commercial

CMS Germany

  • Dr Richard Mayer-Uellner, Partner, Corporate / M&A
  • Matthias Engelen, Senior Associate, Coporate / M&A

CMS EU Law Office

  • Dr Michael Bauer, Partner, Competition & EU
  • Dr Björn Herbers, Partner, Competition & EU

CMS Austria

  • Dr Dieter Zandler, Partner, Competition & EU
  • Vanessa Horaceck, Associate, Competition & EU

CMS Spain

  • Rafael Sánchez Jiménez, Partner, Corporate / M&A

CMS Mexico

  • Giancarlo Schievenini, Senior Associate, Corporate / M&A

CMS China

  • Falk Lichtenstein, Partner, Corporate / M&A

CMS Morocco

  • Matthieu Laval, Senior Associate, Corporate / M&A

Related people

Portrait of Stephan Werlen
Dr Stephan Werlen, LL.M.
Partner
Zurich
Portrait of Pascal Stocker
Pascal Stocker
Associate
Zurich
Portrait of Simone Brauchbar Birkhäuser, LL.M.
Dr Simone Brauchbar Birkhäuser, LL.M.
Counsel
Zurich
Portrait of Sarah Keller
Sarah Keller
Associate
Zurich
Portrait of Katja Bertsche
Katja Bertsche
Associate
Zurich
Portrait of Ferdinand Blezinger
Dr jur Ferdinand Blezinger, LL.M.
Zurich
Portrait of Richard Mayer-Uellner
Dr. Richard Mayer-Uellner, LL.M. (University College London)
Partner
Cologne
Portrait of Matthias Engelen
Matthias Engelen
Senior Associate
Cologne
Portrait of Michael Bauer
Dr. Michael Bauer
Partner
Brussels - EU Law Office
Portrait of Björn Herbers
Dr. Björn Herbers, M.B.L.
Partner
Brussels - EU Law Office
Portrait of Dieter Zandler
Dieter Zandler
Partner
Vienna
Portrait of Vanessa Horaceck
Vanessa Horaceck
Associate
Vienna
Portrait of Giancarlo Schievenini
Giancarlo Schievenini
Partner
Mexico City
Rafael Sánchez
Matthieu Laval
Show more Show less