Specialisation in competition law & EU
Dieter Zandler is a lawyer specialising in European and Austrian competition law, foreign direct investment control and corporate law/M&A.
He represents national and international companies, especially in cartel (fine), merger control and abuse of dominance proceedings before Austrian competition authorities, the European Commission and in court. He also advises his clients on antitrust compliance and antitrust damages claims as well as on foreign direct investment control.
Dieter Zandler represents companies from various sectors, including finance (especially banking and insurance), private equity, energy, packaging, consumer goods, services, IT, telecommunications, media, chemicals, engineering, food and life sciences.
Dieter Zandler regularly provides courses and trainings, focusing on antitrust compliance and the competition law aspects of distribution contracts and distribution systems. For several years, he is also a guest lecturer at the University of Vienna in the field of distribution (antitrust) law in the courses of Univ. Prof. RA Dr. Johannes Reich-Rohrwig.
- Legal500 Austria - EU & Competition: Next Generation Partner (2020, 2021)
- Ranked lawyer Chambers Europe Competition/European Law – Austria (2019, 2020, 2021)
- JUVE-Ranking Antitrust Law in JUVE Magazine for Business Lawyers in Austria November/December 2020: Often recommended.
- JUVE-Ranking Antitrust Law in JUVE Magazine for Business Lawyers in Austria November/December 2018: Often recommended.
- JUVE-Ranking Antitrust Law in JUVE Magazine for Business Lawyers in Austria November/December 2016: Highly recommended.