- Structuring the transaction
- Transaction management
- Negotiating confidentiality agreements and letters of intent
- Support in tender proceedings when reviewing a tender and structuring the process
- Support during and after due diligence
- Preparing the contracts and resolutions required for the transaction
- Contract negotiations
- Contract management and transaction documentation
- Preparation for signing and closing
- Assistance with post-closing activity
- Sale and purchase of distressed assets, distressed debts and distressed companies
- Purchase from the administrator
- Realisation of distressed assets
- Takeover bids
- Acting in concert / insider trading / ad-hoc publicity
- Integration (contract of domination / profit transfer agreement)
- Squeeze-out (stock corporation law / takeover law)
- Advising management and supervisory boards
Transactions are the main focus of our corporate law advisory work. With 180 lawyers, our Corporate / M&A practice is one of the largest in the country and a leader in its field.
CMS regularly outperforms all other law firms by advising on the largest number of M&A transactions with German involvement, making it a front-runner in the German M&A market.
Increasingly, clients demand that their law firms deliver across multiple European jurisdictions. Thanks to the international capability of the CMS organisation, we regularly advise in a large number of cross-border transactions involving multiple international CMS offices. This strength is also reflected in our ranking both in the top tier of European M&A law firms and at the head of the relevant league tables.
Our firm‘s Corporate / M&A lawyers work seamlessly with experts from a range of other practice areas both within Germany and internationally to deliver tailor-made advice from a single source.
As value added service we offer our clients the “CMS European M&A Study” in-depth analysis of deal points across more than 750 M&A transactions from 2007 to 2009. These and other pan-European publications (like the CMS European Inward Investment Guide and CMS Guide to Merger Control) highlight the international cohesion of the CMS organization and our leading position as a provider of innovative legal advisory products. CMS is the go-to firm for M&A advice in Germany and Europe.