Stuttgart – EnBW Erneuerbare Energien GmbH has signed contracts with PNE Wind AG to acquire seven onshore wind farms comprising 38 wind power plants and total output of 53 MW.
A team from CMS Hasche Sigle led by partner Dr Jochen Lamb advised EnBW on all aspects of the transaction. Back in February 2009, EnBW acquired three wind farms from PNE with the support of the same CMS team.
The wind farms are being built in Lower Saxony, Brandenburg and Saxony-Anhalt.
Some of the projects are already under construction and expected to be operational by mid-2010. The 117 MW forecast to be generated each year on average is enough to power as many as 33,000 homes, yielding annual CO2 savings of up to 59,000 tonnes.
PNE WIND AG and EnBW Erneuerbare Energien GmbH will continue their cooperation in the future, with PNE Wind AG providing operational services for the wind farms for the next ten years.
In the renewable energy field alone, the energy team from CMS Hasche Sigle has advised on transactions in the current year with total generation capacity of some 780 MW, including this transaction.
Advisers CMS Hasche Sigle:
- Dr Jochen Lamb, Corporate (Lead Partner)
- Dr Carolin Armbruster, Corporate (Coordination of Due Diligence)
- Ronald Kagan, Corporate
- Dorothée Janzen, Project Contracts
- Dr Ursula Steinkemper, Approvals
- Philipp-Christian Scheel, Approvals
- Dr Niklas Ganssauge, Grid Connection
- Friederike von Mangoldt, Grid Connection
- Dr Hans Fabian Kiderlen, Real Property
- Dr Steffen Kircher, Real Property
- Roland Wutzke, Tax
- Tobias Schneider, Tax
Dr Jochen Lamb
+49 711 9764 262