Highlights of experience in Real Estate & Construction in Hungary
- NEPI Rockcastle on its EUR 275 million acquisition of the Arena Plaza, the second largest retail centre in Budapest by means of (i) purchase of all the issued shares in and shareholder loan receivables against Symmetry Arena Ingatlankezelo Korlatolt Felelossegu Tarsasag, the owner of the mall, from Lanebridge Investment Management Limited and in parallel (ii) a purchase of senior loan receivables from a consortium of financing banks.
- Futureal Group on the sale of eight Budapest office buildings, together referred to as the Corvin office portfolio, to OTP Real Estate Investment Fund Management. The transaction is considered to be one of the largest real estate transactions of 2018 in Hungary.
- Atenor on the sale of Buildings A, B, C and D of the Vaci Green Building complex, with an aggregate value of EUR 180 million. The Vaci Greens complex, which was initiated by Atenor in 2008, includes six Class A office buildings with a total surface area of over 130,000 square meters.
- A US private equity firm on the €254m sale of the Mammut shopping centre in Budapest to commercial property developer NEPI Rockcastle plc. The sale is the largest single asset real estate transaction in Hungary for 2018.
- Torony Real Estate Investment Fund managed by Diófa Alapkezelő on the ongoing acquisition of an office Building in Buda, with a deal value exceeding EUR 50 million. CMS’s role included due diligence, assistance throughout the transaction and advice regarding financing.
Please download the print version below.
Real Estate & Construction
PDF 301 kB