27 November 2019, 09:30 -
Sustainable investing is becoming an increasingly important issue. How soon can we expect to see specific EU legislation? What impact will the legislation have on the market?
We will answer these questions during a seminar ‘Sustainable investing - a chance or threat for business?’, which will be held on Wednesday 27 November 2019 from 9:30 am to 12 noon at CMS Warsaw office.
The new EU legislation, which we can expect as soon as next year, will lead to changes both for financing institutions and for companies seeking capital for new investments. The new regulations will be particularly important for banks, private equity funds, as well as for all companies, including those from the real estate, energy or industrial sector, which plan to develop operations with the use of bank financing.
Apart from CMS lawyers, we have invited the following experts to speak at the meeting:
- Robert Adamczyk, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Principal Environmental Advisor
- Jakub Frejlich, PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna, Head of Investor Relations, Deputy Treasury Director
- Emma Harvey, Green Finance Institute, Director
- Agnieszka Pakulska, Avallon, Investment Director
- Magdalena Polus, Arcadis, Senior Environmental Specialist
- Robert Sroka, Abris Capital Partners, ESG Director and Ethics Officer for CEE
We want the meeting to be practical and to create a space to discuss the new legislation, as well as the following issues:
- what direction will the new legislation take?
- what is taxonomy?
- what changes for financing entities should we expect?
- what business challenges and opportunities will the new legislation create for companies?
- how do you implement investment plans under the new legislation?
- sustainable investing case studies
We kindly inform you that the seminar will be held in Polish.
Please confirm your attendance to Monika Pawlowska to reserve your place. Registration will be reserved on a first come, first served basis.