Rua Sousa Martins 10
Sofia has developed her activity providing legal advice and support to companies, both domestic and foreign, in internal restructuring contexts of acquisition and sale of shareholdings, assessing the involved contingencies, defining employment hiring policies and advising clients on various issues regarding Social Security and pension funds.
She advises on restructuring of the work force, both within mass and individual redundancy procedures, layoff and insolvency. She furthermore coordinates the Due Diligence legal team for the evaluation and risks on the processes of purchase and sale of companies.
In the area of Employment Litigation she provides consulting and legal advice of general scope, particularly monitoring, resolution and conflict negotiation in the pre-litigation procedure as well as presenting the respective pleadings, ensuring the judicial monitoring of procedures in litigation before court.
Associate Lawyer at CMS Rui Pena & Arnaut since 2015.
- 1998 - 2001 Trainee and Associate at FCB&A - F. Castelo Branco& Associados
- 2002 - 2006 Associate Lawyer at Abreu Advogados
- 2007 - 2010 Associate Lawyer at ABBC - Azevedo Neves, Benjamim Mendes, Carvalho & Associados
- 2010 - 2012 Associate Lawyer at Pedro Pinto, Bessa Monteiro, Reis, Branco, Alexandra Jardim & Associados
- 2012 - 2016 Lawyer (Labour, Civil and Corporate Practice Areas)
- 2005 - Course in Legal Regime of Insolvencies and Companies' Recovery at Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Lisboa.
- 2003 - Course on New Labour Code at Universidade Católica de Lisboa.
- 2002 - Post Degree Course in Judicial Practice and Legal Assiatance to Companies at Universidade Católica de Lisboa.
- 1998 - Law Degree at Universidade Moderna.
- Admitted to Portuguese Bar Association in 2001.