Peter Huber is head of the International Corporate Transactions team of CMS Austria. He looks back on more than 25 years of professional experience in corporate transactions, including more than four years with major investment banks.
His main areas of practice are M&A (including privatisations and public takeovers) and corporate law (including corporate governance) in Austria as well as Central and Eastern Europe. Peter Huber advises a range of major Austrian corporations and major shareholders as well as groups of shareholders on corporate transactions, restructurings, shareholders’ agreements and governance structures, including advice on legal issues resulting from shareholder activism. He also advises major private equity houses on investments and exits.
Peter Huber is featured as a leading (band 1) expert on Corporate and M&A in Austria and South Eastern Europe by Chambers Global und Chambers Europe and has received top rankings in other legal directories and publications. He is the author of numerous publications in the fields of corporate law and takeover law, including the leading commentary on the Austrian Takeover Code.
1988 – LL.M., Yale Law School, New Haven
1987 – Doctorate studies in Law (Dr. iur.), University of Vienna, Vienna
1987 – Diploma studies in Business Administration (Mag. rer. soc. oec.), University of Vienna, Vienna
1985 – Diploma studies in Law (Mag. iur.), University of Vienna, Vienna
- Vienna Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Commentary on Takeover Law, Peter Huber (ed.), (2016)
- Thoughts regarding the corporate action, GesRZ 2010, pp. 13 seq.
- Thoughts regarding the restructuring privilege in the Austrian Takeover Law, Bernhard Hainz and Heinz Krejci (eds.), Anniversary publication on the occasion of Johannes Reich-Rohrwig’s 60th Birthday (2014)
- International Business Acquisitions: Major Legal Issues and Due Diligence, Michael Whalley and Ralf Kurney (eds.), 4th Edition (2014)
- The European Stock Corporation in Slovakia, Dirk Jannott and Jürgen Frodermann (eds.), Handbook of the European Stock Corporation – Societas Europaea, 2nd edition (2014) (with Peter Simo and Michal Kmec)
- Commentary [Entscheidungsanmerkung] on the Supreme Court [OGH] 13 March 2014, 6 Ob 37/14f, GesRZ 2014, pp. 257 seq.
- Commentary [Entscheidungsanmerkung] on the Supreme Court [OGH] 9 September 2015, 6 Ob 97/15f, GesRZ 2015, pp 401 seq.
- The revision of the stock exchange act, ecolex 2016, pp 139 seq. (with Bartholomäus Matt)