20 Castle Terrace
Siân Aitken is a partner in the Corporate Recovery team, advising insolvency practitioners, banks and corporates on restructurings, risk management, directors’ duties and all aspects of insolvency. She has advised on many of the most significant insolvency and restructuring deals in Scotland over the past decade.
Siân is one of the few solicitors in Scotland to have passed the Joint Insolvency Examinations, a legal, accounting and practical exam recognised by the various accounting and legal regulated professional bodies, which tests the knowledge and skills used by insolvency practitioners in their working lives. She now sits on the national committee which sets the UK wide exams and moderates the Scottish liquidations paper, which focuses on both solvent and insolvent winding-up.
- The administrators of Tullis Russell Papermakers Limited
- The administrators of Maclay Inns Limited
- Major UK clearing bank on the insolvency of BVI and Gibraltar registered group of c30 companies and subsequently the Administrators thereof in relation to the management and realisation of an extensive portfolio of portfolios.
- Major UK clearing bank and proposed administrators in relation to the pre-packed sales of a portfolio of hotels and bar/restaurants to numerous purchasers.
- Administrators of premier league football club, including on a CVA and subsequent sale of the club.
- 2007 - JIEB, Insolvency Examination
- 2001 - Law, Dip LP, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen
- 2000 - Law, LLB Hons, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen
- Don't Gamble on Getting Goods Back, The Scotsman
- CA Magazine
- Restructuring & Insolvency, Getting the Deal Through