The initial stages of launching a start-up are littered with challenges, and entrepreneurs will encounter a number of growing pains along the way, whether that be keeping your culture alive whilst needing to grow quickly, retaining and incentivising staff and recruiting with the increasing demand of millennials, or ensuring work/life balance and managing founder guilt. But perseverance can conjure the ultimate rewards and prove life-changing for entrepreneurs and start-ups.
What are the legal challenges for start-ups?
From initial concept to potential sale or IPO, start-ups need to consider a vast landscape of legal advice, including:
- Fundraising advice, whether that be for a seed round or series A, B, C
- Terms and conditions
- Commercial contracts and partnership agreements
- Regulatory compliance
- Employment agreements
- Intellectual Property protection
- Data protection
- Share schemes
What is CMS equIP?
Starting, and building, a successful business takes a good idea, a lot of energy and determination plus the right opportunities and the right people. Start-ups also need the right legal partner that can advise them as they grow and evolve. The CMS equIP programme works with start-ups in the technology sector to support their growth and has supported a wide variety of start-ups already within the UK.”
How can equIP help your start-up?
- A full service law firm with a strong focus on Technology, Media and Telecoms
- Working with some of the biggest names in tech as well as up and coming disruptors
- Well networked in the industry through clients and partners
- The only law firm in Europe that can offer you extensive IP support through our 100 strong international team of IP lawyers, patent and trade mark attorneys
- Awarded 'Best Legal Team for Early Stage Deals’ at the UKBAA awards 2019, the UK trade body for Angel and Early-stage investments
CMS equIP members have access to:
- Tech industry-focused legal advice across all areas of law at special discounted rates from a legal partner with experience of working with entrepreneurial companies of all sizes at every stage of growth
- Exclusive training and networking events where equIP members can meet other start-ups and relevant contacts to share knowledge and extend their network– Find out about our equIP members events here
- A menu of fixed fee services – transparent legal services specifically designed for technology start-up needs
- Introductions to relevant industry players
Apply to become part of equIP
If you have any further questions about equIP, you can email Natalie Pringle or call Natalie on +44 20 7367 2699. To apply for equIP UK, please complete the form in the link below.