Tiago Machado Graça
Tiago Machado Graça
Rua Sousa Martins 10
Tiago Machado Graça has been developing his professional activity mainly on domestic and cross-border tax and investment matters involving Portugal and Portuguese speaking African countries with a special focus on Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde, Sao Tomé and also Timor-Leste.
Tiago has been acting as consultant for large and medium sized Portuguese and international companies in the above mentioned countries covering several industries, mainly in the Oil & Gas sector, in issues related to international tax, cross-border corporate restructuring, cross-border financing, profit repatriation, inbound and outbound structuring, structuring of local operations tax compliance and tax litigation.
Although based in Lisbon, Tiago is fully focused to African matters and has been deeply involved in the development of the African practice of the firm with a pivotal role between the international clients and the local African correspondent law firms.
Tiago has been invited as speaker in many conferences on topics related to Angolan, Mozambican and Cape Verde General Taxation and Investment and Angola and Mozambique Petroleum and Mining Taxation issues.
- 2012 - International Taxation of Oil & Gas and other Mining Activities – IBFD – Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 2010 - European Taxation Law Course Seminar of the Master of Laws in Taxation (LL.M.) from the International Tax Centre (ITC) of the University of Leiden – The Netherlands.
- 2008 - International Tax Law Policy and Planning Course Seminar of the Master of Laws in Taxation (LL.M.) from the Portuguese Catholic University.
- 2006 - 2007 - Postgraduate Degree in Advanced Tax Planning Law from the School of Law of the Lisbon University.
- 2004 - 2005 - Postgraduate Degree in Companies and Commercial Law from the School of Law of the Portuguese Catholic University.
- 2002 - 2003 - Specialization Course in Accounting and Taxation at the Lisbon Business School of ISCTE – OVERGEST.
- 1998 - 2003 - Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from the School of Law of the Lisbon University.
- Since 2005 - Member of the Portuguese Bar Association.
- Member of the Portuguese Fiscal Association and International Fiscal Association and Investment.
- "Consumption Tax in Angola", Co-Authored, Cadernos do IVA 2014 - Almedina 2014 (Original version: Imposto sobre o Consumo em Angola, Co – Authored, Cadernos do IVA 2014 – Almedina 2014)
- "Brief Context of Transfer Pricing on the Portuguese-Speaking African Countries", Co-Authored, Price Transfer Books, 2013 - Almedina 2013 (Original version: Breve Enquadramento do Regime de Preços de Transferência nos Países Africanos de Língua Oficial Portuguesa, Co-Authored, Cadernos Preços de Transferência 2013 - Almedina 2013
- "Economical-Juridical Studies 10 Years Investigating, The New Tax System for Non Habitual Residents: the volatile taxpayer and tax headhunting in investment procurement", Co-Authored, Economical-juridical Investigation Center, Almedina, Science and Technology Foundation, May 2010, 0. 855-880. (Original version: Os 10 Anos de Investigação do CIJE - Estudos Jurídico-Económicos, O novo regime fiscal do residente não habitual: o contribuinte volátil e o headhunting fiscal na captação de investimento, Co-Authored, Centro de Investigação Jurídico Económica, Almedina, Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, Maio de 2010, p. 855 – 880.
- Transportes em revista: various articles on taxation and legal issues (Original version: Transportes em Revista 2006-2009)
- Angola Importation Guide 2006 and 2008 – Bivac Ibérica Angola Importation Guide 2006 – Bivac Ibérica
- Angolan Tax System, June 2006, Portugal/Angola Chamber of Commerce Magazine
- Angola/Cape Verde/Mozambique/São Tomé and Príncipe - Portuguese-Speaking African Countries: Same Background, Different Solutions, IBFD - Bulletin for International Taxation, 2016 (Volume 70), No 12
- Lecturer in a Seminar Course on Angola and Mozambique Oil and Gas Taxation, Lisbon Faculty of Law, IDEFF, 2014
- Lecturer in several courses about Angolan and Mozambican Taxation issues, Institute for International Research, Lisbon.